Baltimore Comic Con 2026 is over. I went Sunday for one day.
I got in at opening and walked around. Hit some $1 bins and other vendors.
Met a ton of cool people and checked in with creators I am friends with.
Stopped by Jimmy P and Amanda Connor’s booth to say hi and see if they and/or Patrick from Paper Films were there. They were not. Patrick’s wife was there and we talked. I told her I would try to stop by and say hi to Jimmy Amanda and Patrick, but never made it back around.
Stopped in to talk to Joe Pruett. Haven’t seen him since before Covid. He introduced me to Garth Ennis a bunch of years back and I went out to the bar with them that year. One of the best comic book moments of my life. Sitting next to Garth having a pint of Guiness.
Stopped by and talked to Tone Rodriguez. Haven’t seen him in 26 years. We hung out years ago at Wizard World Philly with eBas at a bar and he remembered it well. He asked why it took 26 years for me to hit him up again. I laughed and said I haven’t run into you.
Helped my friend Eric get some books signed.
Stopped in to talk to Sozomiaki. I was disappointed. She wasn’t very nice. My friend Joe stopped by to buy some of her covers later and told me he didn’t buy any. When asked why, he said she wasn’t very friendly. So it was not just me who thought that.
Talked to Larry Welz, the creator of Cherry Poptart and other underground comix. He was cool. Very nice man. Old hippy for sure.
Hit the floor some more and bought a ton of stuff.
One thing I can say is Baltimore didn’t seem as good as years past. There were a large amount of comic vendors and of course the knock off lego guys and other crap. The selections of older stuff was good but I didn’t find many people selling recent books so the hunt list I had printed out was useless (yeah printed in case WiFi wasn’t working)
Recap of what I got still to come.