Aphra Vol.1 potential spec plays

And so ends the new startup spec site…CHU 2.

Or maybe it would be called The Next CHU.

You don’t have a copywrite on CHU, do you?

Copyright yes… Trademark… No… But it would be real easy for @Anthony to apply and then go after you.

One set of characters that I did not mention from this volume were Aphras parents. If memory serves me, and it usually doesn’t, they only appeared in a few issues, in a flashback, and they both were killed, I think. If they didn’t die, they could be spec plays too, if they aren’t already. :stars:

I picked up a few Doctor Aphra 32’s awhile back from the back issue bin…$2 a piece. Thats the first app of her mom.

Also, just picked up some 15’s and 27’s on ebay…not pricey at all, almost cover on 27, and under cover on 15 (bought 2 lots). Also have a few 9.8’s of the first appearance, and some raw…but nothing like @agentpoyo up there with those beautiful 1:25’s!

I feel it in my bones that Aphra will be hot in the future, hot hot hot! Until then…the comics stay in the boxes :slight_smile:

the incentive variant for 1st app of aphras girlfriend is a pretty expensive book now

Korin Aphra? Vol 1, issue 1?

Not sure about mom.

I still stand by my advice, sure if your pulling Star Wars keys out of dollar bins more power to you but if your paying $100 + for each Star Wars hot book of the moment from cbsi youre giving your money away.

4 Likes

FYI…I would not be buying up EVERY 1st appearance…3/4 of them (minor characters) wont amount to anything.

1 Like

Well obviously, that’s buying high and hoping to sell high… goes against the whole… buy low, sell high. :wink:

1 Like

I’m gonna just pat myself on the back for this statement back then! Thankfully, I had been, and continued to take my own advice.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about Star Wars of Doctor Aphra, my wife is the Star Wars fan in the house, I’m just there to get stuff intentionally wrong to irritate her :slight_smile: Even so I found a Darth Vader #3 in the back issue bin for a bit less than cover price. I then sold it for just over $120 and then bought a couple other Star Wars books including a Darth Vader 1-6 set my LCS had which was $30 so basically cover price for the 6 books and got her 1st appearance back, and some of the other issues seem to be getting attention. Also grabbed a couple of Aphra’s series books 2 copies of issue 1 and 3, issue 1 1:25 and Annual 2 variant.

Grabbed a Darth Maul #1 second print for cover price and 2 Darth Maul #3 for $2 each, sold one for $25 kept the other :slight_smile:

As far as I am concerned the books have paid for themselves already and gave me a little extra to pick up some weekly pulls. So now I;ll sit on the ones I have until I stumble upon other back issues heating up. One thing I have learnt is to brush up on my Star Wars books because there are gold mines sitting out there at the moment.

2 Likes

I agree but if you can get them for under cover the risk is much less. All it would take is one to heat up and it could possibly pay for the rest of them.

CHU Jr.
CHU Lite
Diet CHU are all available.

Even Better than the Real CHU.

I love how the camera spins around them in this video.

So, how many books had “flaking” of the ink off the spine this week…and last even?

imageimage

Westfield had Doctor Aphra 2 for 1.00 today. I ordered 5 copies because I think it’s the first appearance of Korin Aphra. Not sure if they have any left. Their page is painfully slow today.