Approximate Grade

I am interested in this x-men giant size #1 on ebay. What do you think the approximate grade would be?

CGC 2.0- 2.5?

1 Like

Without seeing it in person I would have to say you are probably pretty close. Even though there is a lot of fraying with the front and back covers and soiling there also looks to be a lot of pressable defects. A bunch of dings and creases, some of which don’t look to break color (even though it is an all-white cover). A good press and cleaning could certainly boost this up a half to full grade.

1 Like

Yeah. 2.0 with the possibility for 3.0 with some work.

2 Likes

My copy of GSX was/is arguably worse than that copy, and after pressing/cleaning, CGC gave it a 3.5. I think that’s just luck, though. I would say if you buy it, assume a 2.5 (obviously with pressing) and anything higher would be a bonus.

2 Likes

Get it cleaned up, pressed and store in a fancy mylar with archival backboard and it’ll be graded as “perfect” if you plan to keep it for the PC. Don’t fall victim to CGC crappy services of providing you with their own (and likely wrong) opinion…

1 Like

Wait. What happened to Poyo’s Grading Services?

1 Like

I heard he got bought out by another company. I believe it is now, “Poyo’s Grading Services, a subsidiary of Disney.”

I would never sell to Disney unless it also involved them with handcuff keys to escape this basement…