April Previews 2021 - Marvel Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of April Previews for Marvel…

Silk #4 (of 5). I really like this cover art by Pyeong-Jun Park who I’m not that familiar with and apparently hasn’t done a lot of covers as of yet. We need more I think.

Silk #4 (of 5) (Cola Spider-Man Villains Variant)

Silk #4 (of 5)

Gamma Flight #1 (of 5) is a new spin-off from Immortal Hulk. Could be a fun read. It’s a 5 issue series so we’ll have to see. Hopefully Ewing brings his A game to this one as well.

Gamma Flight #1 (of 5) (Pacheco Connecting Variant)
Gamma Flight #1 (of 5) (Cassara Stormbreakers Variant)

Gamma Flight #1 (of 5)

Miles is hot, so even if this Clone Saga has been one and done before, I think going forward everything Miles is the future of Spider-Man for the next generation of Spider fans.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #27
Miles Morales Spider-Man #27 (Besch Spider-Man Villains Variant) (love or hate her work, she has her fans so might not be a bad pickup on these Besch covers).

Miles Morales Spider-Man #27

I actually ended up enjoying Peach’s writing and work in her first take on Demon Days X-Men #1. So I’m looking forward to this next one. Lots of variant covers though. I’m just sticking to Cover A like usual.

Demon Days Mariko #1
Demon Days Mariko #1 (Gurihiru Variant)
Demon Days Mariko #1 (Asrar Variant)
Demon Days Mariko #1 (JS Campbell Variant)
Demon Days Mariko #1 (Bartel Variant)
Demon Days Mariko #1 (Veregge Variant)
Demon Days Mariko #1 (Artist Variant)

Demon Days Mariko #1

Really hoping this turns out to be a great read. The retelling story of if Spider-Man never got rid of the symbiote.

Spider-Man Spiders Shadow #3 (of 4)

Spider-Man Spiders Shadow #3 (of 4)

Long ago I was never a huge Captain America fan but over time, I’ve learned to love and realize that he’s more than just a guy, he’s a symbol. So I hope this new series is a great read of what Captain America truly stands for.

United States Captain America #1 (of 5)
United States Captain America #1 (of 5) (Bazaldua Design Variant)
United States Captain America #1 (of 5) (Nauck Headshot Variant)

United States Captain America #1 (of 5)Looks like some changes might be happening in Hickman’s X-Men series and run.

THE HEROES OF KRAKOA DEBUT! It’s a changing if the guard as the first X-Men team of Krakoa debuts! One era ends as a new one begins, and the handoff happens here. 32 PGS./Rated T+"

It has a lot of covers as well. Hmmm…

X-Men #21 (Gala)
X-Men #21 (Dauterman Connecting Variant)
X-Men #21 (Werneck Character Design Variant)
X-Men #21 (Lupacchino Spider-Man Villains Variant)
X-Men #21 (Jimenez Pride Month Variant)

X-Men #21 (Gala)

Because I’m an Alien fan, it’s just a must pickup for me.

Alien #4
Alien #4 (Lashley Variant)

Alien #4

Okay, this is nothing new. How many covers do we need of Thanos holding up his fist with the Infinity Gauntlet? Well, this one is a big different which has be eyeballing it cause if this ever becomes some cartoon or something, we’ll be wishing we had this in our long boxes.

Avengers Mech Strike #4 (of 5) (Ron Lim Variant)

Avengers Mech Strike #4 (of 5) (Ron Lim Variant)

On with all the Star Wars books now…

Star Wars High Republic #6
Star Wars High Republic #6 (Garron Pride Variant)

And yes, that’s a Jedi riding on a Rancor. Has been done before but when I was around 6, seeing Luke battle the Rancor in Return of the Jedi, I fell in love immediately. That was one of the next figures I had to have when it came out so I could replay that scene with my Luke figure.

Star Wars High Republic #6

The War of the Bounty Hunters continues across all the main titles…

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #13 War of the Bounty Hunters
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #13 (Pride Variant)
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #13 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #13 War of the Bounty Hunters

Star Wars Darth Vader #13 War of the Bounty Hunters
Star Wars Darth Vader #13 (Pride Variant)
Star Wars Darth Vader #13 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader #13 War of the Bounty Hunters

Star Wars #14 War of the Bounty Hunters
Star Wars #14 (Pride Variant)
Star Wars #14 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
Star Wars #14 (Christopher Action Figure Variant)

Star Wars #14 War of the Bounty Hunters

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #11 War of the Bounty Hunters
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #11 (Pride Variant)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #11 War of the Bounty Hunters

Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5)
Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5) (Pichelli Variant)
Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5) (Camuncoli Wraparound Variant)
Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5) (Tarr Pride Variant)
Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5) (JTC Action Figure Variant)

Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #1 (of 5)

And now some noteworthy Omnibuses and or Trades I think are significant that are on Previews Pre-orders:

Star Wars Legends Rise Sith Omnibus HC (Fleming DM Variant). Has an awesome looking Darth Maul on the cover. There is also Star Wars Legends Rise Sith Omnibus HC Bachs Cover but I like the Maul cover much better.

Star Wars Legends Rise Sith Omnibus HC (Fleming DM Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader by Soule Omnibus HC (Deodato Cover) and the variant Star Wars Darth Vader by Soule Omnibus HC (Camuncoli DM Variant). Great series from 2017 by Soule with his take on Darth Vader.

Star Wars Darth Vader by Soule Omnibus HC (Deodato Cover)

I was a big Kull fan and reader back in the day. This one is tempting for me. As much as I’d love to put together an original floppy copy set, I might just settle on the big bad Omnibus instead.

Kull Conqueror Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC (Bolton DM Variant)
Kull Conqueror Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC (Lopez Cover)

Kull Conqueror Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC (Bolton DM Variant)

2 Likes

Definitely getting the Star Wars Legends Rise Sith Omnibus HC Fleming DM Variant

Man, I don’t know who makes up the third part of the Star Wars cover artist holy trinity, but Dave Dorman and Hugh Fleming are the first two. Great list, Poyo!

1 Like