Arcade1Up - TMNT

I don’t personally consider myself a gamer by any stretch of the imagination but do enjoy all the retro consoles. I still own/play my NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis.

I was just curious if anyone has been purchasing these Arcade1Up arcades? I bought the Mortal Kombat arcade about a month ago and have been loving it even though I never really played this game in the past. I did however pre-order the Star Wars arcade as well as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade recently.

The TMNT pre-orders have been a mess as they weren’t announced and sell out almost instantly through Wal Mart. Has anyone on CHU pre-ordered or purchased any Arcade1Up arcades?

We are looking to buy a new house. There is a huge basement that I am looking to get some and put them down there. Golden Tee is high on my list. As is Mortal Kombat. My older boy loves the Turtles game and they have an original one at the batting cage we go to.

That TMNT arcade game is so classic and I have so many fond memories playing that game. They have one at the local pizza joint and my 8 year old daughter loves it. We play 2 player TMNT together on the NES all the time so I think she’s more excited to get this new cabinet than I am. I was bummed my wife told me last night it went live but sold out in minutes. I was poking around online this morning before work and found a FB group saying they were listed again. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and grabbed a pre order this morning online from Wal Mart. Mid November can’t get here soon enough =)

Also, best of luck with the home search. Hopefully you can get something that accommodates all you want and more. Do you plan to display or theme the basement?

There is actually a house in our neighborhood we are looking at that is about twice the size of ours. Basement theme, not really, just want a place my kids and their friends would be happy hanging out in. Not to mention a place where I would be happy to hang out in.

The wife and I are talking about a bigger place now that the family is growing. Would definitely look for one with a little extra space so I could get a proper man cave going. My friend did just that. Got a bigger house and now has an amazing man cave with six of those 1up cabinets with the Star Wars one ordered. That and it is pretty much an anime museum. Really cool place to hang out!

Just to revisit an old thread. Here is my MK3 Arcade 1up

2 Likes