Avengers 679

Yesterday I received a whack load of offers for my Avengers 679, 1st Challenger. This book was sitting stagnant for over 6 months before I started receiving offers yesterday. A friend in Chicago also had a similar experience with his listings for Avengers 679. This leads me to believe that someone, somewhere has inside info on something to do with Challenger. Im just throwing this out there, and perhaps it is a book we should keep an eye out for. And maybe pull any listings you may have, until we can figure out what is up with this book.

2 Likes

Sweet, Iā€™m sitting on a stack of these myself.

Oh, actually not a huge stack, I had a stack of the new Voyager.

Grandmaster used to be the Challenger and the current Challenger, the Grandmaster

Wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming Marvel Comics #1000ā€¦

https://insidepulse.com/2019/06/22/marvel-comics-universe-marvel-comics-1000-1001-spoilers-in-tradition-of-sentry-voyager-challenger-marvel-to-retcon-new-character-into-marvel-continuity/

At the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Grandmaster is seen dancing during the credits ā€¦ :vulcan_salute:

Itā€™s almost guaranteed she makes it into the MCU.

The biggest Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy of the 70ā€™s is the Korvac Saga. That leads to Contest of Champions, Marvelā€™s 1st mini series.

Korvac Saga features the Collectorā€™s Daughter who would be essentially Voyagers cousin.

Contest of Champions features Grandmaster trying to win his brother the Collectors life back from Death.

The cast needed for both movies or a combination thing retooled has already been introduced into the MCU so itā€™s not a big stretch to imagine the daughters getting some MCU debut time coming up soon with the Con Announcements for the next Phase of Marvel movies.

With talk of an A-Force all female movie thereā€™s another open door to walk them in, good or as the bad. Maybe Voyager even gathers A-force to stop Korvac?

No matter how it gets written, itā€™s going to happen one way or another and the convention should feature some type of announcement for the future of the MCU weā€™ve been waiting months to hear.

Challenger has to fit into this somewhere as well. ā€œA challenger arisesā€ after all, to quote from 679 itself.

It has to do with possible ties to Immortal Hulk & recommendations from both Jim comics & the Key collector app. Nothing more than that.
I agree it became hot, but that is the reason.

It also popped up on the Key collectors app ā€œTop 20ā€ list this week in addition to the ā€œtalkā€.

Might be a pump and dump this week from some aps but I still wouldnā€™t sleep on 675 and 679. Big things coming for those two.

Maybe only days away from knowing for sure.

Absolutely agree and hope nobody thought I was disagreeing/making light of it/throwing shade.

Like it or hate, those apps/instragram posts have some significant swayā€¦those prices/sales started up moments after it was talked about from them.

5:15 Pacific comes out to 8:15PM on the East Coast. (checking the math, carry the two, minus three :thinking:)

So basically next Saturday night is non stop CHUtime trying to keep up with all the breaking news and spec!!!

This calls for a fresh batch of popcorn!!!

Iā€™m hoping my past couple years of spec buying mean I donā€™t have to scramble all over the place with all the news that will be brought forward.

Have both Avengers 675 & 679 but with all the talk decided to by a couple more of eachā€¦just in case. Found a 1:25 of #675 for $3. Some good prices out there. Maybe not on Ebay, but out thereā€¦for now. Also, with how 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints, with new characters on the cover are doing it might be a good idea to buy a Avengers #679 2nd print. They are cheap too. If something big happens with the character that issue should spike in a big way.

It looks like the whole day Saturday prior to Marvel will be DC, one tv show after another.
SATURDAY, JULY 20, 2019
10:00ā€“10:45 a.m. Doom Patrol
11:45 a.m.ā€“12:30 p.m. Westworld
12:30ā€“1:15 p.m. Titans
1:15ā€“2:15 p.m. Greg Capullo & Scott Snyder
2:15ā€“3:00 p.m. Arrow
2:45ā€“3:30 p.m. Batwoman
3:00ā€“3:45 p.m. Supergirl
3:45ā€“4:30 p.m. Black Lightning
4:30ā€“5:15 p.m. The Flash
5:45ā€“6:30 p.m. Young Justice

Iā€™m going to need more popcorn!!! :popcorn:

That shit pā€™nā€™d app is at it again. Surprise, surprise. Comic guides sould reflect the market. The market should not reflect what the guide says it should. I wonder what books nick will ā€˜get behindā€™ for his next pump. Smh

Yeah but they send they are not doing any movies in phase 4 that tie to a bigger villain like the last ten years with Thanos. I really believe the way they are going to do it is they are going to cherry pick all the right villains in the next coming movies to get us to Dark Avengers.

I was big fan of Voyager and Challenger have a couple of the 1:25s of each 1st appearance.

Somethings going on specifically with challenger if they are buying 2nd prints too. Thereā€™s all these sales in the last couple days then no sales for a whole month previous with sales below cover and .99 cents. Maybe itā€™s a pump a dump from some other comic writer up. Pretty huge print run they will have to buy em up for months. Or maybe itā€™s all the actors of the MCU having to research Challenger, but they wouldnā€™t be buying the 2nd prints. And the 2nd print is garbage, itā€™s reused art from the book and not his 1st cover or anything like that. The 1:25 has him on the cover.

Alana, Crap collector put out a PnD alert yesterday for Challenger. Apparently it has something to do with Immortal Hulk. This has to be why.