Batgirl movie

Yes, now is the time to buy DC keys. The
DCU can’t suck forever.

Given an infinite amount of time at some point it has to become better…just like eventually the MCU will also go through a suck period.

When? I dunno.

1 Like

I buy what I enjoy. Some spec, but mostly enjoy. Luckily I enjoy DC comics. If they heat up all the better.

1 Like

Yeah, but movies like Suicide 2, Shazam and their HBO max series (like Peacemaker) will help change that.
If the New Batman and Black Adam movie are good that might mean the ship is being righted.Still way too soon but DC spec may viable be on the rise more in line with Marvel stuff. Still, people need to tread lightly though.

I think with Discovery taking over the entertainment side of AT& T they will start to make things more cohesive. The problem previously was that WB suits thought/think that they know better. Their attitude seemed to be “screw what rhe fans want, let’s do what we think is best” the result is what we got.

Snyder tried to make a single continuity but once again the suits stepped in. I’m not saying Snyder is perfect by any means, but the Snyder cut is better than the wreck that Wheddon gave us.

Hopefully Flashpoint helps to make this all streamlined and one big continuity… but I still think that The Batman is from a different Earth all together and won’t tie in to the current films, the Batgirl or Gotham PD shows.

2 Likes

It’s Harvey Weinstein’s fault but since he’s been out the picture I’ve enjoyed all the new DC movies and rereleases except WW84. DoomPatrol is probably my favorite comic show I also really enjoy Legends, Flash, and Stargirl.

4 Likes

Harvey Weinstein turned out to be quite the sleazeball and it is good in many ways he is no longer involved in the film industry.

1 Like

It’s good in every way. Good riddance to him!

1 Like

Doom Patrol is by far my favorite. I love Brendan Frasers comeback and Diane Guerra, is not only breathtakingly beautiful but a fantastically talented actress. Not to take away from the rest of the cast. The denizens of Danny street all orgasming & the Sex Men among many other things make this the best comic show period.

3 Likes

I have the feeling there’s a lot of sleaze balls still in Hollywood.

2 Likes

That man doesn’t even deserve to live any longer if you ask me… but I’d rather see him sit out his days in jail than die, death is the easy way out!

1 Like

Well, this is a speculation forum. Given Disney’s and Warner Bros’ track record in the past dating back to before they made their comic book acquisitions, make mine Marvel. Dont see them bucking the trend.

1 Like

Love seeing the Doom Patrol love in here. More people need to know about the show.

5 Likes

You are right. The Batman is from a different earth. I think it was mentioned that the Batgirl movie will have JK Simmons from JL as Comm. Gordon and Keaton as Batman.

Still confusing how Keaton will factor in since the Flash will get released late in Nov 2022.

1 Like

I am cautiously optimistic

3 Likes

As a DC fan, I am cautiously optimistic too.

2 Likes

Because Michael Keaton does what he wants and we will enjoy it!

1 Like

WB scoring all the points in the “How Woke Are We?!” Game.

2 Likes

That happens when Disney buys DC. Watch how quickly those ‘DC’ keys blow up.

2 Likes

In all fairness, the character was in the comics during some good runs, so I think the casting is promising. I’m just happy to be getting a, “Batgirl,” movie after all the development Hell it faced and welcome more diversity. Lords knows it took Marvel how many years to have a gay main character?