Batman and Catwoman Finally (spoiler)

Courtesy of Bleeding Stool.

1 Like

Call me shocked…not

No fake-out from DC this time.

1 Like

I lost interest. This is continuity or not? I thought it wasn’t.

1 Like

No

I thought Kings run on the main Batman was dumb and this is even dumber! Meh…

1 Like

Thus why no one cares.

Unless it’s retconned into continuity. But that won’t happen.

1 Like

This is the type of crap DC needs to not do if they want us readers to take them more seriously… and for them to REVIVE themselves!

1 Like

This is an example of DC “relieving” themselves.

4 Likes

They should’ve done it the first time. I remember King’s Batman 50 was red hot for months and DC put out all these press releases and it made it on all the mainstream media. Anticipation for the issue hit a fever pitch. If I remember correctly retailers ordered in the thousands. At that time Batman was the best selling title from any company month to month.

DC took a giant dump on everyone when the issue came out. King never recovered from that. What a giant misstep from DC and King.

1 Like

I agree that was a big error. It seemed like a giant con-job and was coupled with a plethora of store variants, all based around the wedding theme. Would have thought that business 101 involves not leaving customers feeling duped!

Tom King inexplicably writes stuff that is either amazing or trash. No in-between.

1 Like

Hopefully the last of Tom King on Batman.

1 Like

Well the revival is certainly not going to start here!

That’s the issue though, for me I lost interest around issue 24 when the proposal happened… I was like… meh! I couldn’t even hold on until issue 50.

1 Like

It was a big deal for a lot of people, especially for ones that grew up with the characters and loved them. I remember reading stories about people having a Batman/Catwoman themed wedding during that week it was supposed to come out.

Now I know that’s kind of ridiculous to have your wedding based on a yet to be released comic book but at the same time DC put out presses MONTHS in advance pushing the wedding and on every mainstream media. People had no indications that it would be a bait and switch and it’s hard to blame them. It was really awful what DC did.

1 Like

There were shops that were planning huge celebrations…then when DC realized how it was taking on a life of its own they had to stage the leak about the wedding being called off in attempt to pump the breaks (or slam on them).

Yeah, it was bad. Laughable bad. All these stores having invested into wedding themed exclusives that no one wanted anymore…oh the humanity.

1 Like

He’s writing Batman: Killing Time and also Batman: One Bad Day - Riddler.

1 Like

His mini-series or one-shots are where he shines. It’s the ongoing series he’s not so good at.

1 Like

The only difference now is that nobody cares.

1 Like

I dropped this series after issue 4 or 5. Perhaps Maxi-series aren’t his Forte either.