Batman Beyond movie in development

I was hoping to replace my direct 9.6 of #1 with a newsstand at a slight cost
Been looking for an opportunity for about 6 months. Likely not going to happen now.

You could get 9.6s for under $200 a few months ago
they’ve been selling for close to $500 in recent weeks. I expect a big rush and bump in price now.

Giving UF4 and EotSV2 a run for their money!

a 9.8 sold for 1200 a few days ago, once there is official announcement, book is gonna hit 2k-3k over night. such an incredibly hard 9.8 to get. took me 3 years to find a newsstand in 9.8

Looks like 9.8s have been hovering around $1000 for the past month. A sale at $1800 even (direct edition, wtf?). Currently a 9.8 with 8 days to go with a $1000 bid (again, direct).

Nuts mines a raw 9.8 paid $50 about 4 years ago.

But if you’re paying $1800 for this book right now you either started collecting comics last month or you’re working on the movie or you’re an idiot. So much better options in the $1800 range.

Wasn’t 1800, best offer taken. Was like 1200-1300

No, but it could have been a shill bid or maybe all the 9.8s were gone and the person got desperate.

Uh oh
low battery

BTW, all three of those sales were above $1400, as the next one down (not shown) was a $1399.99 sale (not a best offer).

Now you know someone is going to write how rare the 6flags freebie is which it’s not, and they’ll be a rush on those.

I’d like to say how that came out 6 months later
but seeing as how later printings seem to rule these days due to scarcity (and not actual release date) I don’t think that is a factor anymore.

I have a Six Flags copy as my reader
it’s pretty beat up, though. I think someone spilled slushy All over it and read it with cotton candy hands or something

yummm, Six Flags snacks.

Yeah, it should get extra points on grade having been through the “true” six flags experience
not some nerd grabbing it and immediately stashing it with a bag and board into a long box.

I’ll have to post a pic of it and you can tell me what it is stuck to the cover!

Saw this trending tweet about Keaton/Affleck:

They mention NYT reporter Brooks Barnes as the source.
https://twitter.com/brooksbarnesNYT

He published an interview recently with DC Walter Hamada with his vision of future DC
superhero movies.

This is an interesting quote of how he future DC projects

In addition, DC Films, which is part of Warner Bros., will work with filmmakers to develop movie offshoots — TV series that will run on HBO Max and interconnect with their big-screen endeavors.

“With every movie that we’re looking at now, we are thinking, ‘What’s the potential Max spinoff?’” Mr. Hamada said.

In case anyone missed this article.

Um, hate to break it to ya, but that Twitter account is on par with WeGotThisCovered

So yea, misinformation.

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t follow the the info flow on Twitter.

Was curious as to why the “Keaton” keyword was trending. That twitter account popped up.
Guess they are very good at what they do
They got me via twitter trending click bait.

But the NYT article is not fake news
 I hope :smile:

2 Likes

The NYT interview is an absolute mess the way they describe how they want to approach their movies with multi-universes. I want DC to succeed, but I have little faith in how the head of DC Films is explaining things.

2 Likes

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/batman-beyond-gets-an-animated-movie-pitch-from-spider-verse-producer-and-it-looks-stunning/

3 Likes

Doesnt mean anything.