Best Back Issues Online?

Hey All- what are your favorite online back issue destinations other than eBay, Mercari, etc? I’m on the hunt for some smaller random issues and want to expand my usual search. Thoughts?

1 Like

Mycomicshop, Westfield, Dreamland, Ultimate Comics

2 Likes

I know all of these except Ultimate Comics? What is that?

Oh, and to answer you, @ComicBookCannon, I like Atomic Avenue a good deal.

1 Like

PCKComics obviously :stuck_out_tongue: .

I also us Graham Crackers, Dreamland and MyComicShop.

2 Likes

Graham Crackers is great to deal with. I found some random back issues at great prices. They messed up an order and fixed quickly. I highly recommend. My other go to is MyComicshop. They ship quickly and I love to reuse the boxes they ship in- very sturdy. Midtown is a last resort lately. They take longer to ship of anyone I use, but I can’t complain other than that.

2 Likes

Midtown ships quickly for me despite the pandemic.Never seen any excuses from them.You can also get free previews on Midtown.They also oftentimes have comic sales. Midtown comics is overall my favorite online comic shop.Maybe just my experiencesThey sometimes also have limited comic drops as well for cover price.I sound like a Midtown comic fanboy,but they have treated me fairly so far.

3 Likes

Yeah, I totally don’t mind Midtown at all. Since I live ~3 hours away from them, they are fast for me even with the processing time on the cheap shipping. Every package comes safe and sound.

2 Likes

Greatly appreciate the suggestions all!

Yeah- I didn’t mean to sound like I was complaining. I have got everything in great shape from Midtown. I have Used them for years. They take a little longer to ship lately- for me anyway. It has taken a week to a week and half to get the notice it shipped and another 2-3 days to get tracking. A minor inconvenience and usually worth the wait. In comparison, Mycomicshop ships the next business day after the order is place and in the mail the next.

My Comic Shop really good in my experience. Slabbed books get over to the UK surprisingly quickly, even on the economy mail option. Books have always arrived in great shape.

2 Likes

I just ordered on Atomic Avenue @davidbitterbaum . Found the book I’ve been searching for $3. Ended up spending another $35 on ones I wasn’t looking for…

Seriously though, loved how it’s set up. Feels like you’re virtually digging through boxes.

1 Like

Glad you liked the site. I find it handy.

1 Like

I bought an Uncanny X-Men Elizabeth Torque variant from G-Mart, I forgot my login and to reset my password I have to call them or email them lol, book took like a week to ship but it got here no problem and was packaged well. They deff need to update their site and system tho

1 Like

G-mart is pretty good if they have a lot of issues of something (their pricing method is based on quantity in stock not book value), but their site is just one step above milehigh.

Yeah, I won’t shop there cause their site is awful.

You should stay away from TFAW right now.It has been three weeks , and they haven’t shipped my books yet.These people are incompetent .I usually don’t like to shit on other comic shops,but It is what it is.
I even emailed them like several times, and the excuses of Covid-19.I didn’t have any problems with other comic shops pre ordering in the same time frame.

Do you have your books set up to ship once a month?

1 Like

My pre orders from last week haven’t shipped

Just actually received my shipment yesterday (S.M. 55 LR, Ronin 1 3rd print, SWTHR #2, etc…)

I have my TFAW shipments set up monthly and got my books on time yesterday. Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like