Bronze Age Pickups

Surprisingly, there’s no Bronze Age Pickup thread yet, but now there is. Most of my focus currently is Modern Age books specifically Modern Newsstands. I used to have one hell of a Silver/Bronze collection but sold it close to a decade ago. The prices all those books have skyrocketed part of why I focus on Moderns. I’m making an effort to start picking up older books and here are a few recent purchases.

4 Likes

2 Likes

FF 137 is a great cover. Medusa on a cover never hurts!

1 Like

Such as

2 Likes

Picked these beauties up recently, but unfortunately the spotlight 7 had color touch so it went back. High grade bronze books are def undervalued imo. I approve of this thread!

2 Likes

Hell yeah, nice grade!!!

1 Like

Alas, it was part of my old stuff I so regret selling.

That’s a bummer… but it gives you collecting goals. That book was still so cheap when just a couple of years ago… I think it’s still pretty cheap for the key that it is.

1 Like

So I don’t really know much about bronze books since I mostly collect modern but wanted to get this. Was labelled as a 6.0 and got it for $50 shipped. Good price?

Trying to make an effort to spend less on Modern books and focus a bit on Silver, Bronze & Copper Age Books.

8 Likes

Smart - very very smart

3 Likes

Ditto, I’ve limited myself to buying moderns only at time of release and/or through my subscription. Although, I did splurge a little when I decided to make my last modern purchase, Captain Marvel #17 second print with Kamala on the cover. But it is only because she is my favorite character :melting_face:

2 Likes

Upgraded from my CGC 7.5.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I thought it was a steal @$100.

3 Likes

Very clean copy, older cgc label. Resubmit for a 9.8!

1 Like

I believe it’s the 2nd appearance of Annilhilus.

2 Likes

1 Like