Buying Multiple Copies of Hot Books at your Local Shop

lol yeah summit like 15min away and yeah I was near colletor cave.The Spidersweb. Squiggys had like 3 shops in a 10-15min drive away. Just getting used to this “house” living. much different than an apt and soooo much quieter than uptown where I was before. The kids love it and thats why we did it.

1 Like

I’m loving the house versus my upper east side apt. One thing I really like is I have enough room to actually display my comics somewhat. In my NYC apt it was difficult to even look through my comics bc they were all in stacked boxes or squeezed into corners of closets.

Now that I have enough room to display and comfortably access my different books whenever I want, it feels more like I really own them. Which is why I need even more comics!

1 Like

I agree. I took a room in the basement that’s daddy’s lil office. Superhero den and I have visions of displays. Shelving just a bunch to make it mine. And I have 4 long boxes and a few diamond boxes and I still dont feel cramped so that’s a plus. I finally got to light the fire pit and make s’mores with the kids and it was wonderful.

2 Likes

That’s great, it’s crazy to think that more space has enabled me to enjoy my comics better. I have a display that is essentially 3 shelves which fit 9 comics for display. 3 across by 3 down which is a nice visual. I essentially rotate my favorite slabs or raws and periodically swap in a new cover that I’m into.

To the right of that I have a few short boxes that I tend to enjoy flipping through and re-organizing. I have not set up a fire pit yet but I do have a fireplace and a lot of great outdoor lounge seating. You probably need corn hole boards if you haven’t gotten them yet!

2 Likes

That setup sounds super sweet!

1 Like

That’s exactly how I wanted my shelves to be. No slabs here but rotate my fav covers or top books. I wanted a fireplace but the house we looked at that had 1 was 1 room short so we passed on it lol. Sounds like you got a good setup. I know all this takes time so I’m hoping by spring to have it how I want it.

1 Like

That’s what I said about my house when I moved into it way back in 2008… it’s still “not the way I want it”… :wink:

1 Like

Lmao my older brother said that to me as well lol. Oh well lifelong home improvement

Hell, half the time we finally get to fixing something in our house or updating some feature we planned on updating when we bought it years and years ago, the next day we already have ideas on how we could do it better “next time” or decide we should have gone with the other idea instead so it’s back on the to-do list haha

We have some projects in the house to fix that keep getting pushed back. Such is life.

My wife keeps adding more. Pushing back the purchase of my new vehicle.

Thanks fellas. So as a new homeowner sounds like I have lifelong chores ahead of me. 2days chores are Ring instillation. Dimmer switches and something else idk.

1 Like

I did ring and security cameras right away. Mowing lawn is fun. Drink beer and listen to music.

2 Likes

LoL that part I did already definitely fun put down the Kentucky blue grass. And the ring was delayed project because 2 diff version came damaged so this 3rd one finally came undamaged.

If you’re not drinking beer and listening to music while mowing you’re missing out on one of the most pleasurable things known to mankind.

1 Like

I can agree a new delightful experience.

1 Like

Nope. High rise luxury condo is the way to go. No grass cutting…no gutter cleaning…no snow shoveling (if applicable)…no leaf raking…no annoying solicitations etc.

1 Like

Yeah but you’ve got CAM / HOA fees, booking a reservation with the freight elevator, annoying neighbors, etc. Call me crazy but I’d rather be on a few acres in North Dakota/Wyoming than here in Vegas. All in due time.

1 Like

Southern Wyoming maybe…I don’t like those northern winters anymore.

Drastically, drastically different climates, though. :cold_face: And far fewer comic shops. Not that overall quality of life revolves around LCS availability.

In my visits to Vegas, I’ve always thought the city has a great variety of comic shops.