Calling All Artist

He loves Spider-Man, had a Spider-Man bday party, and loved the Spider-Man art! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Just finished with this drawing. It was a pain in the a$$ to do as I have never drawn a spaceship before. Of anyone here knows how I can make the glowing effect of a planet being under neath them, let me know. Other then that, hope you guys like it.

8 Likes

Awesome :blush:

1 Like

Here’s the 2021 nerd card I did.

It’s for a guy who hangs out at my LCS. He’s a very kind, slightly older guy who I think is looking for something to keep occupied post-retirement. He helps out at the LCS for his books and lunches. I talk to him every time I go in, and we’ve struck up a nice friendship. This card is partly to tell him I’ve appreciated the conversations!

8 Likes

Slightly older? I don’t even want to know where I would fit in that conversation! :wink:

1 Like

I’m (almost) 43; this guy is maybe late 50’s/early 60’s. So… slightly older than me. (The older I get, the wider the band of “slightly” for older :rofl:)

1 Like

Does digital art apply to this thread?
I’ve just gotten into photoshop (mainly to make IG ads and stuff) and I’ve started messing around with cover art edits. Here’s one I just did for Venom #2 (2nd print). Messing around with PS has turned out to be super fun.

3 Likes

Any kind of art is welcomed in this thread…

3 Likes

My 1st piece of art in awhile.
Shall I submit for the next Department of Truth Comic Mint Variant?
Unlike some others, it is at least an original; not photoshopped :wink: :wink:

8 Likes

A have a hunch someone will photoshop your drawing for our enjoyment. A homage to the Gun Honey Photoshop I hope.

3 Likes

Look everyone… I just came up with an original Gun Honey exclusive cover… ya’ll like? @ToddW @Bill

6 Likes

Very original Poyo. Comic mint will hire you for sure…

2 Likes

The sunglasses are a nice touch.

1 Like

The Mayhew “shadow” variants were just announced, both trade dress and virgin.

art1 art2

8 Likes

$29.99 Trade Dress
$59.99 Virgin Variant
$79.99 Combo Package
$119.99 CGC 9.8 Trade Dress
$149.99 CGC 9.8 Virgin Variant

Virgin Limited to only 400 copies. Trade Dress limited to only 1000 copies. I will show in a YouTube video the manufacturing process for the print run; never to be reprinted again. Allowances for damages and Promo copies

I think I’m going to be rich! :rofl:

2 Likes

Correction, I think WE’RE going to be Rich! :wink:

2 Likes

lol good work guys, one of many reasons to be on the forums

3 Likes

What do we charge for a remarque?

3 Likes

And to finish up the 2021 lingo and to churn the interest and FOMO, “That cover is Sick.” “That cover is Dope”. “The Virgin variant will be a Beast”.

Except for the fact I use the traditional meanings of the words in that the variant cover really does look like I was “sick” when I drew it or perhaps on “dope” during the creation of it. The only “beast” purchasing this comic would be stray cat or dog with inherited funds :rofl:

1 Like

Remarque (unwitnessed): $50
Remarque (CGC witness): $100
Remarque (CBCS witness): $90