CBCS verified market and slabbing in general

The irony being that this statement of yours is entirely incorrect. The numbers do not lie. And yes, this is not an argument. I am fine with us having different opinions. I wont grade 9.6 moderns. But that is not a rule, it is only my personal rule. I believe there are lots of people in both corners. But the numbers do not lie.

The term ā€œmodernā€ has a definition in comics; it refers to the ā€œModern Ageā€ which started in the 90s. You confuse the use of the term. If you meant current comics then donā€™t call them modern, call them current.

Also, youā€™re example takes into account that someone paid full price of $80 for that Naomi comic and then sent it to CGC. Thatā€™s foolish. You also say someone can make $120 for a 9.6; that would equal a nice profit if you bought the comic at $3.99 and spent roughly $35 on grader fees. So please stop trying to pretend to school me. Thanks

Nope.

9.6 scenario;
$5 investment in book + $40+ in CGC & shipping fees = $45 investment for 9.6. Resales at $120. $120 - $45 investment = $75 profit.

Raw scenario;
$5 investment in book. Resale at $80.
$80 - $5 investment = $75 profit.

:100: same profit for resale on 9.6 and NM raw.

PS. There is no official difference between modern and current. Moderns are ā€˜92 to present. But, like I said, modern keys (which there are like 20 major keys) are wholly different than a run of the mill modern, or current book.
Keep in mind this applies to cover A. Not variants.

Itā€™s nice how you try to conveniently make the numbers work in your favor but it really doesnā€™t work like that in real life. My Naomiā€™s came back 9.8 anyway, but I would have most definitely made more profit selling them if they were 9.6s than selling them raw.

And there is a big difference between current and modern. A comic from 1992 is modern but not current. A comic from 2015 is both current and modern. And no theyā€™re not just words.

Actually I seem to recall most refer to the Age of Modern Comics starting around 1985 when the Bronze Copper depending who youā€™re talking to age was wrapping up. There was some definite overlap I think between the two eras. Some other sources start modern age around what, 1992.

And I thought Modern included Current comics, theyā€™re part of the Modern age still. When someone says modern or current, Iā€™m thinking comic in the past 20-30 years up until last weeks release.

The Copper Age was in the 80s in between Bronze and Modern.

Sorry, yeah. I need more coffeeā€¦

Itā€™s all good =)

I spelled Modern as Mondernā€¦ just ignore me today. I canā€™t type or think apparently. :wink:

Wrong again, @Brione (we are both wrong technically). Modern is ā€˜85 - present day.

I didnt conveniently make the numbers work, @Brione. Those are the numbers. Lmao. It is what it is, @Brione. Lets see your numbers. At least im providing evidence and not just being argumentative with no real data to support my point. Smh. Come on, man. Either prove my numbers wrong, or provide your own that contradicts mine. The numbers dont lie, @Brione. Shake a stick all you want. Numbers dont lie. :100:

Real numbers donā€™t lie but youā€™re numbers that you pulled out of no where do. And that wiki entry completely ignores the Copper Age like as if it didnā€™t exist. Whatever though man. I donā€™t feel like going back and forth with you anymore. Have a good oneā€¦

Wrong again, @Brione.

Recent 9.8 sales

image image

Recent 9.6 sales

image image

Recent raw NM sales

image image image

Now, @Brione. I was being generous before. If you really crunch the numbers, youā€™re actually losing money selling the 9.6 as opposed to selling the NM raw. Please, let me see your numbers, @Brione. Without them, your point is absolutely moot.

See you missed my initial point entirely. My point was that not all modern comics are current and there are a lot of modern comics that sell and make a nice profit graded CGC 9.6.

And now maybe you donā€™t actually read other peopleā€™s entire posts, but I just said:

So peace out djnoclue

Thats because the ā€˜copperā€™ age is not real.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comic+eras+years&source=lmns&bih=526&biw=320&prmd=inv&rlz=1CDGOYI_enCA616CA616&hl=en-US&ved=2ahUKEwj_373O99LiAhXH6awKHXyvCBUQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw

Almost every notable source has the modern era spanning ā€˜85 - present day. And there is no official ā€˜copperā€™ era of American comic books. Enjoy your day, @Brione.

You just said the Copper Age isnā€™t real? Lol ok man. Iā€™m outā€¦

I really wish you could present evidence to support your theories, @Brione. Yes, people use the term copper in our hobby. But, like I already said, that term is used to try to break up the vast era of moderns that we find ourselves in. It is nothing more than a subset of the Modern Era. Having said that, the copper age is not something that is recognized in any official capacity. Gold, Silver, Bronze, Modern. Thats it.

The preceding discussion is really an agree to disagree back and forth ā€¦ I love Forums and Iā€™m happy Anthony and Mr Poyo and the Gang put this one together, but come on, guys ā€¦ itā€™s not a penis measuring contest ā€¦

2 Likes

Dude lol. You can list stuff as copper age on ebay. Thereā€™s multiple wiki articles. Not to mention the countless number of comic fans that know the copper age exists. But hey jclu says itā€™s not real so he must be right.

But for real though Iā€™m doneā€¦

Thats because your ā€˜pointā€™ is founded in fallacys and make believe. Youā€™re running in circles with yourself, @Brione . You make your ā€˜pointā€™ with zero evidence. I prove you wrong with concrete data. And you keep spinning your wheels, looking for an out from your foolishness. Well, I guess you found your out when I constantly proved your opinions to be wrong in factual data. Your opinions are just that, @Brione, opinions. And an opinion based in fantasy is not a valid opinion. Good day, sur.