CGC pickups

Those are nice. I missed out on the graded, I only got the raw copies.

12 Likes

Chronologically not the first appearance or cover for CGR, and I think for cover it’s ties with issue 15 for King Thanos, but numerically it is the reprint of their first appearance plus cover appearances for both.

Anyway, I missed out on a 9.8 and since they jumped in price. For the PC, I’ll settle for the 9.6 at half the 9.8 cost.

9 Likes

Showcase 4 got held up in German customs so bought this instead with the refund.

8 Likes

Picked up this nice and cheap, book was not damaged and just needs a press for a 9.8 if the grader notes are to be believed, so will be doing that soon.

6 Likes

Man, I sold my Journey 83 in 2017. Sometimes my heart has a pang to get it back. I think I’m alright without it, though.

It’s a great book. I mean, just another great all-inclusive origin and first appearance ala Kirby and Lee.

Time will tell. Maybe someday I’ll grab it again.

Speaking of Kirby and Lee… picked this up at my LCS.

I actually never saw this cover before and thought it was pretty cool. Not exactly a sought after issue but I think it’s Doom’s 5th appearance. Happy to have a book like this for the PC.

9 Likes

Thats nice you don’t see a lot of high grade old F4

2 Likes

thanks! agreed, thought it was a good purchase. i always see the other covers but never this one.

JFK Cameo!

1 Like

@BatmanFan gave me FOMO and got me to buy yet another Darth Vader 3.

The eBay seller actually had an ingenious packing job to prevent movement and blunt force trauma:

4 Likes

Glad to see it arrived safe and sound! Glad I could be your muse!

Those thick cardboard pieces usually come from ordering liquid chemical reagents, and help them arrive unbroken.

Aphra’s my liquid chemical reagent.

:eyes::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Oh that color rub…had made many 9.8s into 9.6s prior to slabbing…

Picked this up today

2 Likes

Well I’ve scrolled back about 200 posts and didn’t see one from me, so I guess I never shared it? This is my first (and so far only) graded book in my PC as of now. I’m hoping to upgrade to a 9.8 one day. Maybe I’ll submit one of my raws. Anyways, without further aideu:

20210317-195340

9 Likes

My most recent 25. Take a look! CGC COMICS Submission RESULTS! - YouTube

2 Likes

Nice!
I love how you go through 45 books in under 5 minutes.
Typical Youtubers have to sit and describe the book for minutes upon minutes which … y’know… really … do I need a history lesson on why Spider-Man 361 is a key?

Great job.

2 Likes