CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

JRJR is at least better than Greg Land. That is admittedly a low bar to jump over.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s certain artists who, when they want to be, can be exceptional.
And when they donā€™t want to try, they can turn out an absolute wreck.
JRJr & Chaykin come to mind as has been posted.
Chaykin in particular just doesnā€™t give a rats ass for his commissions.

Itā€™s like they just donā€™t care; they donā€™t take pride in every piece they turn out is something that the recipient can be proud of based on what was paid.
I donā€™t understand it; but Iā€™ve never been a Half-Ass Harry in anything Iā€™ve attempted to do or achieve

1 Like

Iā€™d much rather look at Lands artwork than JRJRā€™s Micheline men.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.io/ZPqZE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

1 Like

1 Like

I donā€™t even know how this happened, but an interior piece of the plastic case broke off inside and is now loose inside the case:

The eBay sellerā€™s photos show no broken plastic shards inside. The seller also packaged with a metric f#ā‚¬Ā£-ton of cardboard:

No idea how this could have happened. Oh well, itā€™s a 9.0 that I was probably going to crack out of the case anyway.

1 Like

It was likely always thereā€¦floating aroundā€¦shake the case a bit, pic at the right angle and lightingā€¦can hide stuff like that.

Likely doesnā€™t hurt the book unless you plan on tossing it around.

Sucks though. Quality controlā€¦am I right @ToddW ?

1 Like

Shocking with the shards.
CGC has been so incredibly quality conscious; particularly in the last 2 - 3 years.
And their packaging is bullet proof.

I canā€™t understand how possibly a plastic shard got passed their QC. Their QC is quite frankly the best Iā€™ve ever seen in any industry

1 Like

I guess it was @Bill who blasts These 3rd party graders, not @ToddW .

2 Likes

When they start taking a shard of responsibility for the product they deliver to customers, just a shard; it will be a cold day in hell.

They just donā€™t give a shyt. Iā€™d love to get that Marketing Managerā€¦ whatever the heck her name isā€¦ and instead of everyone tossing softball questions; Iā€™d blast away as to why my dashboard has more returns than submissions. Itā€™s flat out unacceptable

I blast them when necessary. They have some serious issues all around. I also take into consideration that people are a lot more likely to complain when they have an issue than praise a company when they do a good job.

1 Like

:100: :100: :100:

My favorite is when I have to return a damaged slab that was already returned for being damaged. So yea - broken slab once, returned, broken slab yet again, returned yet again. Hopefully one day Iā€™ll get to 3 returns on one book. It will be a new record

2 Likes

Itā€™s finally here.

Now to see if my TMNT 1 and Transformers UK books fall within the size limit criteriaā€¦

Wallet is about to take another hitā€¦

3 Likes

Got my street fighter cammy variant graded by PGX east, was fast and easy but they put the wrong label on top. Since its for my personal collection iā€™m just going to keep it like that since I canā€™t be bothered to re-submit

1 Like

dang that is some r. crumb-level thigh art

2 Likes

Props to you for the shout-out of an underground comix creator!

2 Likes

Looks like those mechanical error returns are about to plummet.

3 Likes

I truly hate this company. Every time they have a new update to their policies it gets worse and worse.

5 Likes

I see no problem here. If you canā€™t return an item within 2 weeks, you got issuesā€¦

2 Likes

The issue is itā€™s from ā€œreceiptā€ now. Vs before it was from delivered date. They are now including the time it takes for delivery in those 14 days. Also refusing to fix newton rings when it was covered before.

CGC been watching wotc/hasbro fu$āœ“ up mtg and said hold my beer.