CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

CGC increased the prices again.

CGC Announces Price and Policy Changes | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Smart move by CGC to remove the 25 book minimum for prescreen service. Theyā€™ve likely been getting wayyyyy less 25 book prescreen submissions full of nonsense books since theyā€™re no longer sellable for a profit. This means sellers are more selective about which books to submit. Removing the 25 book minimum will get those sellers to submit more frequently.

1 Like

$150 min fee on a book over $1000, $15 pgx all day for me

1 Like

I bet that Selling Superman, Fantast pedigree fellow is happy he got all that stuff graded already. :wink:

CBCS is significantly cheaper on expensive books now also. $70 vs $150 (up to 4k anyway). $100 for 4k up.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather take a 9.6 because otherwise the $9 is a total loss.

You can sell a 9.6 and likely make back more than the $25 invested. As long as youā€™re not sending in drek.

Basically you will get that extra $14 invested and then some versus just waisting $9.

2 Likes

When I try to search for PGX books on eBay, it keeps changing my search to ā€œCGCā€ā€¦

Thereā€™s definitely money to be made on modern graded books 9.6 and under.

1 Like

Costs a Tesla to grade a Tec#27 or Action Comics #1

1 Like

Ok. Need to find out if this is really just bad JRJR art or CGC pooped the bed

Itā€™s really bad art. It became a fun meme in the comic Facebook groups after the guy who got it shared it.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even comment on this. The poor owner. He/She probably paid alot for a sketch and this is what was delivered? My gosh.

1 Like

Thereā€™s alittle bit of buyerā€™s beware necessary for this. Itā€™s JRJR. We all know what to expect.

If I asked for a Chaykin sketch, I wouldnā€™t expect any better than this:

3 Likes

What if Snoopy and Princess Leia had a child

3 Likes

Thanks. I spend 0 time on Facebook.

And Snake Eyes on an Avengers cover. Sure, why not, Howard?

Iā€™d suspect this weird mixing of GI Joe and Avengers wasnā€™t Chaykinā€™s fault. If you see him in person, heā€™ll sketch but you have to bring the paper or book - heā€™s not the type to have blanks sitting around. This was probably sent in for his CGC signing or possibly the fault of a facilitator.

Iā€™m ok believing that scenario. It was just an oddity that came up as I was searching.

Snake Eyesā€¦the New Avenger.

Itā€™s a mashup the fans are demandingā€¦.as soon as Marvel gets the GIJoe licensing back.

Orā€¦hear me outā€¦someone else named John Romita Jr. is sketching coversā€¦

Think about itā€¦just legally change your name and have at it!

In theory if itā€™s witnessed legitimately you yourself can draw on/sign any book and get a yellow label.

Sorry to say but John Romita Jr gets work because he can pump out page after page of mediocre at best work. His dads another story.

2 Likes