CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice work converting those pgxā€™s to gold.

2 Likes

You know best time for a scandal to happen is at the holidays. Between Christmas and new years, all the running around, things like this could get swept under the rug

3 Likes

2 Likes

Me getting my comics back from CBCSā€¦

3 Likes

any word from CGC?

I dunno if anyone is following the cgc thread. Up to 140 pages (was 100 the other day). I tried to keep up but a
Lot of it is just blah blah blahā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you for contacting us. I would like to confirm for you we are currently going through a full investigation into this situation. At this time we do not have more information regarding this. Rest assured once we have more information we can share we will let our customers know. I am sorry we currently do not have a timeline for when we will be able to offer more insight. Thank you for your understanding.

I would also just like to personally thank you for reaching out to us via email. While the original post on our boards (now over 130 pages since it was posted this month) was a huge benefit to bringing this to our attention, we truly appreciate you and so many others contacting us directly via email regarding this. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

Copy of an email response posted on the CGC thread. Seems like those that have reached out through email are getting emails.

2 Likes

i was wondering if they were going to respond.

1 Like

Saw this vid posted on CGC didnā€™t see it hereā€¦ Video views growing fast :thinking:

Must be nothing to worry aboutā€¦ Thanks to Rick for showing the slabs can be messed with some patience and elbow grease.

If there is big money involved scammers will find a way.

1 Like

So new Ebay CGC listings should stop using VHTF and :fire: in listingsā€¦

Must say ā€˜I submitted book to CGCā€™ aka 1st Submitter vs 1sr Apperance designation will be more important :rofl:

Put that on the labelsā€¦ oh boy oh boy

HA sold a Hulk 181 CGC 7.5 OWW for $3960.
Last one on Ebay Dec 13th sold for $4606 about a 15% drop.

Guess we can follow any sales after this to see what the market really thinks via their wallets vs hand holding CGC is the best value blah blahā€¦

If books donā€™t go down then market has spoken.

If I was a big dealer/investor with big money tied up in CGC slabs I would be active in auctions with books involved to ā€˜prop upā€™ the marketā€¦ oh wait you will need unlimited budget for this. :thinking:

This could just be the time of yearā€¦people realize credit bills are coming due. December/January are good times to spec with higher priced books at auctionā€¦.or try to get a buy it now deal.

All very possible reasons but we have a base price since scam was uncovered for one of the popular books that scammer used especially turning them Green to Blue labels.

So now we can see what the market really thinks these books true values areā€¦ Money talksā€¦ and buyers can do as they please.

Purchase a Hulk 181 in a CGC slab or earn 5% zero risk in a money market while watching how it all pans out :thinking:

Doesnā€™t HA charge a buyers premium, like up to 25%.

So isnā€™t an HA auction for $4000 similar to a $5000 book on eBay?

Also, a 6.5 sold for $3900 on eBay a few days ago.

1 Like

CGC has made an official statement

CCG and CGC Comics Statement on Holder Tampering Incident

The Certified Collectibles Group (CCG), which includes Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), is aware of an incident involving an individual tampering with CGC Comics holders. Based on our initial review, we believe that the incident affects a few hundred comic books.

CCG exists to protect the collecting community, and in the last 36 years we have certified more than 85 million collectibles, each one backed by a comprehensive guarantee. The trust that we have built with our community sometimes makes us a target of bad actors and, despite our vigilance, this individual tampered with some of our holders.

If you purchased one of the books that this individual tampered with, we will ensure that you are appropriately compensated for losses arising from any failures in our services. We expect to share a list of books that we believe are impacted as soon as possible.

We have also retained a leading private investigative service and outside counsel to conduct a comprehensive review of this incident and our processes, and to help ensure that this individual is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. We have already made significant improvements to our processes as a result of this incident, and we will continue to take appropriate steps to help ensure that this type of incident does not happen again.

We expect to share more information when we have it. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to share any information with CCG, please reach out to us at ReportFraud@CollectiblesGroup.com.

4 Likes

Nice downplaying. Not saying you are, Spicy, of course. Talking about CGC.

1 Like

thatā€™s why the statement is carefully worded ā€œbased on our initial reviewā€

2 Likes

6 Likes