CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

There was a point during the pandemic comic boom where every 9.8 was a $100+ book regardless of what it was. For some it’s taken longer to realize that period is long gone.

5 Likes

People stuck at home, not spending money on going out to eat, gas, etc. Just a bunch of bored people who have to buy things to keep themselves entertained. Makes total sense… now that pandemic is over, people went back to spending their money on all the things they did prior to pandemic.

2 Likes

I actually understand the boredom and the inability to withstand that “Add to Cart” button.

What i dont understand and will never understand is the choice to spend that $100/$150 on a brand new $3.99 book with that dopey 9.8 number. Its like boredom and stupidity combined.

I like Bronzeville…his interests and knowledge are more gold/silver/bronze and not so much modern…but here he purchased a collection of slabs that are basically is all drek…what was the seller thinking…and why would anyone buy these except out of pitty…

1 Like

Seems like the slabs were a bunch of store variants. Poor guy.

1 Like

There was a time; not long ago, where anything (even store variants) that was a 9.8 was at least $100.
And it wasn’t a long time ago :slight_smile:

As for purchasing those pathetic items… yea… a pity purchase

1 Like

Now people are just faking cgc slabs. Guess they figure enough shenanigans going on it could be legit.

https://x.com/mycomicshop/status/1760337802875621818?s=46&t=sGsuSPOO5JZC7H8_2nYOdQ

WTF!!! Man I would be so P-ed off if that happened to me on a high-end book like that. Geez…

1 Like

OMG. Do we need to open every slab to see if it is real or not? How did MyComicShop find out that it was a dud?

1 Like

Just by looking at that slab, I could tell it was fake.

The font is wrong
No label at the top
No inner well

The “uninformed” (I’m being nice here) are so funny.
Did anyone see the comments?

Some dude asks MyComicShop; and I quote: "Doesn’t opening the book void its authenticity? Did the case look tampered with, is that what tipped u off?"

Wake up buddy. If it were clearer it was a fake right off the bat, it would have had smacked you in the face. Dope… and real dope… not the cover is dope… although the cover is dope.

1 Like

Nothing about that slab looks real. Not the case, not the label, not the book.

Terrible con job. You can do better!!!

2 Likes

I am not sure that the person who tried to sell it to them actually knew. Lots of uninformed buyers out there.

1 Like

I see CGC promoted someone new to Vice President of Comic Grading. Wondering what happened to the previous one. Was he quietly outed because of all the stuff that’s been going on? Was the former VP involved? Makes you wonder.

3 Likes

Highly doubt it.

When reputation takes a hit, it’s good PR to let someone big go. Even if they were unaware of what happened, you can ultimately point to someone who should have been more proactive in preventing it and thus accountability.

No different when coaches or general managers are let go after scandals hit they knew nothing about. The teams reputation is soured, fire someone in a leadership role to make it look like you are making changes.

It’s not like you can fire the owner…

4 Likes

Cgc finding new ways to anger the community

2 Likes

It will never end with them.
Incidentally, how are those new cases coming along that will help prevent the swapping in the future?
Ohhhhhh yea… my bad… that was a dream I had 2 months ago.

By the way Swagglehaus - for the record - I aint over it

2 Likes

Is anyone really surprised, though? How many people have actually quit using CGC?

2 Likes

Probably the people who got burned buying fake slabs and CGC reimbursing them “FMV” of 2024 not “FMV” of 2020.

2 Likes

Nobody quits CGC…