CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

Yeah, Final Crisis 7 is totally first full.

1 Like

“The worlds largest and most trusted third-party grading service”.

I absolutely trust them 100%; everything they provide, everything they say; everything they do, every label information they produce, every grade they painstakingly assess, every destroyed book, every destroyed case, every scratched case. I mean - what’s not to be trusted? I even trust the pyramid scheme they’ve built in which they’ve duped the hobby.

I mean afterall, they say they are the most trusted; therefore it must be.

1 Like

CGC’s grading are about as trustworthy as the Nigerian prince

2 Likes

I was wondering if it was him on the variant cover. So CGC is completely wrong. They don’t even mention Cal on the label for FC7. Just that there’s two covers. Cool thing is both covers are available in newsstand, though I only own the regular cover in newsstand.

1 Like

It looks very much like him and I cannot think of anyone else it could be…

1 Like

You mean this?

3 Likes

Don’t like the grade your book came back in? Invest in these!

Up the value of your comics in no time. CGC grading is so inconsistent, people will believe that 8.0 copy of the hottest book from the 1980’s (that is seeing love because of a movie or tv show) was actually graded a 9.8 by CGC.

(real product, the above written text is in jest)

The stickers themselves are 2x2, but just a matter of time before someone makes actual sized ones

2 Likes

Buy these in all different grades.
Get 3 different knowledgeable friends in the hobby to assess a book.
I assure you the consistency will be better than 1 “trained” knumbskull

“3 employees look at every book”
uh huh … and I’m Santa visiting in August.
Those lying S.O.S. CGC marketing

1 Like

Maybe you can go undercover at CGC?! There have to be members or lurkers here that may have worked there? I’d honestly love to know the real processes they employ.

1 Like

I’ll tell you how the process works. In fact you can look it up yourselves straight from Cgc ceo Matt Nelson’s own mouth. Search CGC Matt Nelson interview on Beyond Wednesday’s youtube channel. The video is 3 hours long and was posted shortly after Acetategate where Matt had to come on and do damage control.

I couldn’t stomache watching the whole video but there was a part where Matt was thumping his chest that they were able to grade modern comics in seconds, yes seconds. As if that’s something to be proud of. So if you ever wonder why you send in pristine moderns and get anywhere from a 9.4-9.8, now you know. They pull these grades out of their butts in seconds.

1 Like

Well, if you really think about it. If they were pulling out the magnifying spectacles, no comic would ever be truly mint… grades are subjective regardless who’s slapping the grade on the book. Just an overpriced paid opinion. Buy the book, not the slab!

So we have, what is likely, 1 individual grading books. Most certainly for Moderns.
What we also have is “seconds for a modern” which may be an exaggeration (to be fair) from Nelson; but illustrates the lack of diligence.

And this is the product that is put up on the pedestal?
Houston, there is a problem. We all know it; and we just toss out that line “they’re a necessary evil” and that squashes any further discussion on incompetence.
I don’t know how we got here

We were passengers of a drunk driver.

1 Like

Drunk and followed the money.

When a higher up states what the process is and what actually happens is two different things. I’ve never worked for an employer that wanted things done right. Just wanted it done quickly. Even going against their own rules and procedures. I want to know what actually happens and not what someone says happens.

1 Like

Well the CEO wants moderns to be done quickly to catch up with backlog. I highly doubt the workers are meticulously going through each modern comic under an electron microscope to look for defects.

Yeah, hearing from the lowly waged employees would likely shed way more truth in the process than coming from the top dogs dirty and likely lying mouth… CEO’s are usually very good at being super careful of what they say, take anything they say publicly with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

I dunno…that video showing off how fast they can grade a book spoke volumes to me!

Just because it’s in a video doesn’t mean it’s telling the entire story… :wink:

1 Like

Looking back at my career now that I am close to retirement - I have been in middle management in large corporations for years.

I do not possess, and never possessed, that silver tongue needed in order to lie to the masses; or omit important details; and have it all be considered “not really a lie”. My folks (to my knowledge) have always respected and liked working for me. But without that silver tongue (looking at you Matt Nelson) & that marketing nonsense (looking at you Brit), I’ve been where I’ve been and it is where I will end.

1 Like