CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

agreed, that is not a 9.2, certainly brings it below a 9.

1 Like

Break it out of the case and just throw it in the trash, itā€™s not worthy of even being gradedā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

No, leave them in the case and mail them all to me. Iā€™ll pay for shipping. Lol.

They putting on the heat on CBCS now. Free graders notes to all.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10362/qr-code-comics/

1 Like

I kind of like that whole scan the QR code on the book deal.

3 Likes

Nice to get free grader notes however out of my last 75 cgc books only 18 had grader notes. 5 of the books with 9.8. CGC grader notes are sparse in general.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just waiting for cases to have air tags in them that will be next.

1 Like

A use for QR codes that actually makes sense, nice.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good move on CGCā€™s part, though the QR code is something CBCS has offered for years.

Iā€™m also curious if CGC will become more diligent about adding grader notes or not.

I think it is time for grading companies to use the honor system. Just sign a waiver with then stating you know how to grade comics and you will be truthful ā€¦They send you the case and inner well. You use their program to print out the ā€œappropriateā€ grade and graders note you gives, put it all together and bam! No more over or undegrading your books! Everything will be perfect!

1 Like

I mean thereā€™s obviously wiggle room in grading but a lot of these examples arenā€™t debatable in the least. I mean spine tics on a black cover stick out so I donā€™t understand how they miss them. Itā€™s either there missing them or think dozens of color breaking spine tics warrant anything in the 9ā€™s.

3 Likes

This approach will probably be more accurate than Iā€™ve seen them do starting since all those new hires began grading Moderns

1 Like

This is something I see with every ā€˜oversizedā€™ cgc slab and it grinds my gears so much. Luckily I donā€™t have any oversized slabs, it just irks me so much, HOW HARD IS IT TO HIT CENTER ON THE VARIANT.

4 Likes

Aaaaaand CGC takes another hit.

Your move CBCS. PGX happy to be on the sidelines.

Hereā€™s the CGC forum thread (before & after pics):

Hereā€™s the CBCS thread discussion:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18411/page/1/uh-oh-cgc-your-turn-in-the-barrel-again/

Just a quick summary, it appears UF4 books may have been ā€œswappedā€ at the presser (CCS). But CCS is the presser CGC sends their books tooā€¦and under the same parent company. So still reflects poorly in CGC.

Assuming the accusations and photos are true (it is the internet, after all), the two books look different in that defects That could not have been corrected by pressing (color rub) have ā€œdisappearedā€, while defects that should not be a result of pressing (color breaking spine ticks where there were no defects before) appeared.

For what itā€™s worth, CGC Mike is looking into the issue and has promised to get back to the people on the CGC forums

4 Likes

Somebody swapped a 9.8 for a 9.6 copy.

:crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Has nothing to do with CGC grading

Actually, if you look at the picsā€¦neither book should grade 9.6. They are 9.4 at best, IMO.

But thatā€™s been one of the debates in the CBCS forumā€¦itā€™s arguable/not able to confirm that the received book is a lower gradeā€¦but everyone is in agreement they are not the same book.

2 Likes

Yup, not the same book. You can clearly tell by just the positions on the cover in how they were stapled.

Keep your books raw, floppy and free I say!

1 Like

So you can hug them and squeeze them and call them George.

5 Likes

This is a disaster. Imagine waiting over a year for CGCā€™s shit pressing then finally getting your book back and they swapped it out. Holy cow I would be livid, idk how that dude is so chill in the thread.

At this point, no one should trust CGC with anything. These mistakes are inexcusable, when youā€™re supposed to be the premier comic grading company. Absolutely inexcusable.

2 Likes

Wow. If this was intentionally swapped, that is bad. Criminally bad. Most likely just a shitty employee stealing from the company and not some company-wide conspiracy. But, that is still really terrible.

1 Like