CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

Their incoming specifications for their raw material clearly are not up to customer expectations. Such a great company and such phenomenol incoming acceptance for their shitty plastic :roll_eyes:

But hey CGC extending customer service hours to fix all these problems :thinking:

1 Like

This has been going on for a while,

August, 2021:

1 Like

And since it’s Bash CGC day
here’s another video, again put up by EinC.

I wouldn’t have stacked 10 comics
.I’d stack 1 or 2 and place a hefty piece of cardboard between the next set of comics.

But yes, photograph comics before shipping.

Basically, don’t give grading companies any opportunity to ruin your comics within reason, and keep evidence of what you sent. It’s better than nothing and could make a difference. This guy will never know if it would have.

1 Like

At some point or points, CGC’s workers / incoming inspection has seen these awful scuffs, raised it to CGC management; and someone(s) in CGC management said “use them”.

They probably couldnt send the plastic halves back to their supplier and thus would eat the scrap cost.

So instead, they willingly made a decision to stick that crap on their customers to chew on.

Now thats an upstanding, customer 1st business aint it

1 Like

Exactly, it’s not like someone at CGC didn’t know about these awful scuffs. They knowingly sent them to you hoping you wouldn’t complain. If it’s happened to you, it’s happened to someone else. Wouldn’t be the first time they had to deal with it. The worst thing you can do is just let it go and not complain. CGC needs to be flooded by complaints to customer service and send out refunds, which costs them time and money. Only then will they do something about it. If only a fraction of you complain, it will just empower CGC to send out these cheap quality slabs with scuffs to everybody in the future and do nothing about it.

1 Like

By the way I’m so glad that I have never sent out any comics to be graded yet by any company. I have tried to setup an account before but this was when CGC raised their prices and got a lot of bad press. I then joined the CBCS forums thinking about setting up an account with them and found out from their own members that they were even worse than CGC. Some of the forum members were reporting turnaround times of over a year with no communication. I quickly gave up on that.

I imagine at some point in the future I may set up an account eventually but I’m in no hurry to do so. Looks like the slab market in the industry has completely tanked. I can wait until things get better.

3 Likes

I was a die hard CBCS guy from when they first started. I was going to have my Batman 181 graded by them. Went to their table. One of the customer service guys I knew there told me I was better off taking it to CGC. I did.

1 Like

CBCS is such a weird company man. I looked into them during the time when CGC raised their prices and everyone was outraged. At that time CBCS had set up a Canadian office so Canadians could send their books there. Turned out to be a disaster because the pandemic hit and CBCS just let people ship their books to that office and let it pile up with no one there to facilitate the books to the Dallas center. It was supposed to be streamlined for Canadians which would make it a much more easier process. People in the forums were saying Steve couldn’t cross the border. So you tell me that a company like CBCS only had 1 employee (the CEO) who would cross the border and bring books across? They couldn’t hire any Canadian employees to receive the books, enter in their system and send it out?

Instead people in their forums were reporting it’s been over a year and the books were still in limbo LOL. The worst part was there were absolutely no communication whatsoever. A total clusterF. That’s why I’m not surprised one bit when the scandal broke that books were sent to their employees home to get graded and books were getting lost. A total Mickey Mouse operation.

Had the same issue occurred (new spine stress introduced) when they re-holder a 9.8, now it has 2-3 non-color spine stress
 Lame
 My issue was a special case. The book was cracked by CGC for the RIP Perez signing then I had them reholder

Thanks for the update. Seems like their (CGC, CBCS) logistic is sub-par (or simply fail) for many of these grading companies
 No transparency 
 mysterious grading (no clear note on exactly where the damages are. Grading notes are sub-par when compared to my own. )

Shoot. Below is what I do for my every book. Wish they had the dedication as I do with my own books.

Kanan The Last Padawan #1
Condition: VF/F (7.0 - 6.5)
Notes:

• 1st CAMEO Kanan Jarrus
  • 1st CAMEO Sabine Wren
  • 1st CAMEO Ezra Bridger

Front CVR:
1 x (1/16) Spine Stress near the middle of the book.
Back CVR:
3 x (1/16) Spine stress with slight color break.
1 x Slight color rub from top staple to bottom staples (*NEW)
2 x Light Color rub by staples
1 x (3/4) “Doggy Ear” bottom left corner.
SPINE: Minor Wear.

Wonder Woman Vol 5 #792 (1:25 Orzu Incentive)($25.00)
-Cover D Incentive Zu Orzu Card Stock Variant Cover
Notes: 1:25 Incentive CVR.

Condition: NM (9.4 - 9.6)
Front CVR: 1 x 1/12 Slight blunting on the left corner.
Back CVR:
1 x 1/12 Spine Stress bottom right corner (Break Fiber)
1 x 1/8 Very slight “bend” bottom right corner
SPINE: None.

It was within the two weeks, though I thought it was a month.

1 Like

I currently have an “Open Ticket” at CGC regarding damages to a 25 count 9.8 Pre-Screen order. This same order had also been lost since October 10th and recently found after hours on the phone and numerous e-mails
Pretty sure the order/box was kicked around their warehouse for the last 3 months.

I also suggest taking pictures of every comic before you ship. Also, I reuse their same shipping boxes and materials. If they trust them to ship, then its tougher for them to blame packaging or FedEx.

Let hope they won’t raise the cost of grading sometime this year again with the extended customer support till 5 pm EST.

Yeah I’ll never do business directly with CGC. There has to be a fair amount of returned packages to them because they’ll attempt delivery three times before sending it back to CGC.

I mean I live alone and work full time during the hours fedex delivers. You can’t make any changes whatsoever to the delivery. They wouldn’t schedule it for a day I was off. They wouldn’t allow me to sign online or the door tag. They wouldn’t deliver to a neighbor. I even called them and got nowhere.

One option for those who cannot be available for FedEx signature deliveries
If you have a participating Walgreens in your area or other business, they will accept and hold signature packages for you to pick up at a later date. I do that on occasion, especially if I am out of town for an extended period of time.

No, I called and with the service cgc uses you can’t make any changes including going to one of their retail locations. The shipper is the only one who can make changes. That’s the info I got online and on a phone call with fedex.

This last year, I had chance to “Update my delivery time” but I had to pay $25 (If I recall correctly) for CGC to update the delivery address to a Fed-Ex center.

$25 for something that one should be able to do in an online “profile” setting for free. It took someone at CGC probably 5 seconds to update that shit

What’s next, a “tip jar” for their graders?

5 Likes

If their graders had to rely on tips they’d go hungry.

2 Likes