CGC pickups

3 Likes

$60 including shipping.

5 Likes

Thats nice! I’ve been picking up Omega level mutants lately as well…only a matter of time!

1 Like

Maybe the fingerprint exactly matches the grader’s.

2 Likes

I’ve been picking them up for years and have acquired quite a few. Especially newsstand editions. There’s quite a few in Grant Morrison’s run. I’ve actually got two newsstands listed on eBay of the same book.

Got my SiKtC LCSD foils back from CGC. I have to say I’m not terribly surprised by the grades. I knew one had light scratches, another minor binder tear…likely what drove the two 9.6s.

But the disappointment is the “marks” in the inside of the case. I know these are not on the book, but I can’t tell if it’s a terrible quality case (scratches from rough buffing) or scuffs on the inner well that ate made more visible when contact is made with the book or case.

I just sent in two ASM 365s for reholdering at my own expense because of this same issue. Now I need to contact CGC to find out what the deal is. I was going to flip these books, now I’m afraid I’ll not get fmv either because I disclose the marks and people look elsewhere or I’ll get the book returned from a buyer complaining not as described.

These marks are the first thing I see when I flipped it over, and they’re not in the front. All three have them pretty bad. No possibility of passing Them off from a picky buyer.

Thoughts?

The other alternative is to send them to MCS and let them deal with disgruntled buyers.

Oh, and fingerprints are all over these slabs. Those can be cleaned off but doesn’t give me much faith in their delivering a quality product. Wash your hands, @ssholes!

1 Like

If the scuffs are really bothering you, you can contact CGC customer support and they will offer to reholder the books for free, paying for shipping both ways but it has to be within 30 days of the grading/encapsulation. I did it myself earlier this year with a CGC submission that came back with a lot of those same scuffs on the front and back. CGC will put you in line ahead of other “regular” reholder submissions so it’s not the current 6 month wait but it’s still 2-3 months at a minimum.

3 Likes

The ineptitude never ends. 1.5+ years going now.
One just hopes one is not next on the extensive list of Sarasota incompetence.

Yeah, I figured I’d give them a call. Just frustrating it’s so obvious to the eye how bad it is.

I just hope my ASM365s don’t come back like this…I just spent a fair amount of $$ to rid them of this eyesore.

1 Like

It’s more than frustrating .
Everyone gives them a pass with their quality using “just call customer service; they’ll fix it”

Well… I personally am tired of knowing their customer service number by heart.

2 Likes

This would make an awesome name for a band.

4 Likes

Here with their new single, “I Misjudged You” from their debut album, Scratched Slab… it’s the Sarasota Incompetence! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

I see what you did there and I like it.

1 Like

Random question but is there a site or way I can find a book that isn’t on ebay? I’m looking for book (Witchblade Tomb Raider 1 9.8) but can’t find any on ebay

Comic link, My Comic Shop, mercari…not sure they have one, but slabs are all there.

Another great deal. $22.60 including priority shipping. Several first appearances.

5 Likes

9.9s

9 Likes

You pay extra for 9.9s…?..

1 Like

I paid around $200 each for them. They are all already spoken for to the tune of $2,200 total. Shipping them off today.

6 Likes

Won this in an ebay auction. Someone else bid but retracted there’s and I got this for $42

3 Likes