CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

It has to be delivered to CGC within 14 days of customer receiving it. It should be deposited with USPS or other carrier within 14 days, eliminating technical disqualifications for carrier delay/error. Not good policy to punish customers for carrier ineptitude.

2 Likes

ā€œReturns can only come from the original submitterā€.

I send books to my presser. He, in turn, presses and sends to CGC under his account; but direct delivery to my address. CGC delivers directly to my address from Sarasota.

And I need to involve my presser with their incompetent packaging and incompetent QC when they deliver a damaged product (which, by the way, is every effing shipment nowadays)?
Yea - that makes total sense.

3 Likes

While weā€™re at it CGC, why not blame Helen of Troy for the cracked slab on my Dell: Helen of Troy.
And and andā€¦ why not blame John Wayne while your at it on his cover cracked slab.
If I bring it into the modern era, letā€™s go after Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane too on my signed slabs that were cracked. Yā€™knowā€¦ after all artists and writers were ā€œinvolvedā€.

Your company fixing the plethora of mechanical errors? nahhhhhhā€¦ why would we want to blame them. Thatā€™s just silly
And fixing the root cause of the systemic breakages? - thatā€™s just insane

1 Like

Donā€™t expect CGC to prioritize emails requesting resolution to mechanical errors. Not in their best interest to expedite those nowā€¦delaying responses will limit the number of returns they are responsible for.

3 Likes

The steam generating from my head right now could propel every car in America.
I donā€™t like making emotional based decisions, but I really need to consider ceasing using them.
Iā€™m beginning to create new expletives for them; created out of 3 other known expletives combined.
They are really pissing me off

3 Likes

Honestly this policy would be fine, if they had any shred of quality control. But thatā€™s the problem, they donā€™t even give the slabs a first look after they seal them, they just send them out. PGX stock going up.

4 Likes

It does wreak of ā€œinstead of fixing the problems, weā€™re going to make it harder for you to complain about them.ā€

5 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100:

Iā€™m with you, it isnā€™t too harsh a rule. Iā€™m by no means a huge CGC/CBCS apologist, but it seems mostly reasonable. Iā€™d prefer 30 days or so, to be honest, but otherwise it is okay.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not so much thatā€™s itā€™s a bad policyā€¦itā€™s that we all know theyā€™re having issues with slabs If they said ā€œweā€™re also going to tighten up on QA controls to reduce the high number of mechanical damage requests we receiveā€ then Iā€™d see this change from a different perspective.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly it. If CGC had any semblance of quality control and these ā€œmechanical errorsā€ werenā€™t so prevalent, no one would be complaining about them. This whole thing just wreaks of them making it harder for you to get your damages refunded.

30 days wouldā€™ve been more preferable to get your damages back to them if they really cared about you and customer service. A lot of their business is international. Notice how itā€™s 14 days to get your damaged products back to them and not 14 business days. A lot of shippers donā€™t even deliver on weekends.

Now when we get our CGC books back we have to immediately open them up that very second like Monopolyjackson does with every new post someone makes on CHU, and gets mad that we donā€™t sit around all day reading the post to make sure it hasnā€™t been already posted.

2 Likes

The issue is buying it brand new from whoever submitted it and not being able to return it period. Itā€™s already difficult enough if there is an issue because oftentimes the sellers had the book more than two weeks. Maybe they stop ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up and improve so people donā€™t have to return books with foreign materials in them. ā– ā– ā– ā–  CGC!!

I donā€™t even get my books back from CGC within two weeks of the receipt arriving!

2 Likes

I love finding food crumbs and hairs in my slab !

4 Likes

Not CGC related but a few years ago I found cannabis In one of the bagged & boarded books I bought off eBay that came in a set.

4 Likes

Wish I could blame body hair in places it shouldnā€™t be in my house on ā€œmechanical errors.ā€

ā€œSorry, honey, the staff would love to relocate those beard hairs, but itā€™s our policy that mechanical errors must be brought to our attention within 30 minutes of delivery of the hairs.ā€

1 Like

Marvel Premiere 1 mislabeled as Warlock 1:

6 Likes

14 days. Time is ticking.

1 Like

Quality Control at its best!!

CGC is at its all time low with QC. I had a 25 book submission a few weeks ago and 4 books were mislabeled. Sucks too because 3 of the books are ones for sale too. I sent them to CGC as ME and have been sitting at SFG for two weeks now. Letā€™s see how long it takes for these to get back.

2 Likes