CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

I think a big part of it is prices on books are way down. Key Golden Age Batman books selling for way less than they did just a few months ago.

2 Likes

What I have seen going up is old Pokemon games. There is a game that couple months back I was able to get it for $75 and now its closed to $200.

2 Likes

I remember when I was a kiddo and Pokemon was red hot. Then it crashed and was kinda worthless for a while before roaring back in the past years and being nuclear.

1 Like

Because the kids of the late 90 and early 2000s now have adult money and credit. They want what they never had, or had and lost. Trust me, I knowā€¦.

3 Likes

My house and office are based off things I had and lost or never had and wanted.

3 Likes

Itā€™s only in the last 10 years Iā€™ve been able to acquire the things I desired owning in my youth but never had the cash or opportunity to purchase.

Even something like ASM 300 that may have been a $30 bookā€¦I did not live near comic shops and only had a few mail order catalogs to choose from. Many did not have the books in stock.

By the time the internet and eBay came along I was out of comics and focused on earning a living/paying off loansā€¦buying a houseā€¦starting a family.

I will say I was fortunate enough to get back into comics and acquire 90-95% of my ā€œbucket listā€ books at pre-Covid pricesā€¦.only a few left that I really wantā€¦taking my time now as sales have been really slow.

3 Likes

Iā€™m slowly getting rid of most possessions, Trading physical things with making memories insteadā€¦

2 Likes

My little slice of happiness.

10 Likes

I love the floor with it!

2 Likes

Cliffs: Vintage tier submissions discounted to $30 ($10 savings) but you have to submit 15 books minimum.

Is this what a dying company looks like on its last days?

1 Like

I saw that and was curious if one is a member and gets (example) a 10% discount.
So if normal fee is $40 less $4 (10% discount), will they apply the 10% to this discounted July deal?

in other words, will it be $30 - $3 = $27?

I was thinking the same thing. Have we ever been able to stack discounts on top of promotions before? I donā€™t have an account so i donā€™t know but this is the new cgc soā€¦

1 Like

Yeaā€¦ if they donā€™t offer the discount, itā€™s a bit ā€œmarketing styleā€ misleading if one is not really paying attention.
Some folks even get 20% discount for that super tier ( believe). Thatā€™s a normal $8 discount (i.e. $32 per book).
Not to undermine a discount of any sorts, but $32 vs. $30 would not make me move.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/20972/page/1/cgc-knowingly-damaging-books/

Apparently now CGC has an inner well ā€œwarpingā€ issue damaging slabbed books?

I need to check the ones I got back a few months agoā€¦this issue has been going on/known for 2 months and I dont think CGC has a solution.

I saw a theory that it may be due to using addition heat to seal the case, making it more tamper evidentā€¦canā€™t make this stuff up.

1 Like

More disappointing developments but as Iā€™ve said before, I donā€™t believe anything will take them down. There are too many people heavily invested in CGC graded books to allow that to happen. Personally I like the CBCS holder way more for its quality, look and feel yet I still send books to CGC because they sell better.

2 Likes

Is this the inner well warping issue you guys are talking about? Holy cow it looks awful. I watch a lot of pressing videos and Iā€™m seeing this more and more from the books they get back. I wonā€™t be sending in any books for my PC if this is whatā€™s happening to the books. The books are getting damaged when itā€™s encapsulated.

3 Likes

What problem # are we up to with these clowns again in last 4 - 5 years? 15? 16?

A chimpanzee could be a better president/ceo

4 Likes

When making money is the only thing that matters this is what happens.

1 Like

Since Blackstone bought CGC is when the majority of issues started. Just a greedy organization. 100% of the time it is profits over customer service/satisfaction and quality control.

1 Like

Cliffs: CGC got sued and lost $10 million.

1 Like