CGC pickups

Both are my own submissions and just posted on my dashboard.

The Hawkeye/Ant-Man is an iconic comic (and movie) image; so super happy to have both Rudd and Renner autographs. But honestly was terrified to send in the already signed Renner 9.8 since I thought I got a gift 9.8 grade originally. Both top corners on the spine are wonky. But - it is what it is and if they say it’s 9.8 second time around, then it’s 9.8 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Chris Pine, shockingly, has very very little CGC autographs I could determine, when I sent it in. So that’s why I did send the comic in. I also sent it in because I was 99.9% convinced this one, way beyond the Hawkeye/Antman would come back a 9.8. It did not, clearly.
But it is what is and if they say it’s a 9.6, then it’s a 9.6 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In the end I guess I"m happy with two (imo) “misses” balancing each other out

8 Likes

Man am I happy I didn’t sell that NYX 3 raw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

All but Mr. and Mrs. X 3 are available if anyone is interested.

10 Likes

5 Likes

I am a big Campbell fan

1 Like

I think Campbell is at best mediocre. We should be talking about good artists. Like Liefeld. Lol. Though I like him over Campbells art.

1 Like

I like Campbell. Found a niche and excels at it.

That’s just it. Campbell found his niche. Liefeld found his Noche. There are great artists putting out the same cover over and over (Jenny Frison I am looking at you look at David Mack look at Peach Momoko).

4 Likes

Old Frison was so much better than new Frison. Her covers are boring af and she is such a good artist. Face on cover, done. Torso on cover, done. Do we need a background? No, here are some flowers or a random color. Do a scene for a change and finish the covers. Maybe the money dried up and it’s not worth her effort.

5 Likes

One thing that stands out over time, even with super talents, is how many artists lean hard on what they’re known for/personal tropes. It’s easy to do. I imagine many don’t want to rock the boat with editors and/or it’s faster for them to create.

1 Like

These are for the PC and the 1st time i ever got a 9.9 or 10.

TN_CGC4459147-010_OBV
Uploading: CGC4459147-011_OBV.jpg…

1 Like

2 Likes

Lots of stuff Avatar covers were good for grading.

1 Like

yeah many of the avatar covers were prestige material and hard covers.

1 Like

Lots of Avatar stuff was good, period. My favorite, “Edgy,” publisher back in the day who put out cheesecake, yes, but also some clever and well-illustrated reads.

1 Like

Just got this back from CGC along with a dozen other books. I am happy with the 9.8 grade however most of the slabs i received, the books are curved inside the case.

has anyone else experienced this issue.

20240805_134707

1 Like

I believe that’s a new issue people have been talking about.

But no worries, CGC says your books are fine once they’re in the slab. They could grade it and then burn the book to ashes, then place the ashes inside the slab and still claim that the book is “okay” since you know, it’s been labeled and slabbed… :thinking:

4 Likes

yeah there are threads on the CGC forum (being erased) about this same issue

4 Likes

Or in the cgc cbcs PGX thread…

2 Likes

Imagine if CGC manufactured something really really complicated like … for example … Toaster Ovens.

We’d be living amongst the ashes - literally.

Can we go back to the good ol’ days when they just were horrible with their grading assessment only, instead of total incompetence?

3 Likes

Love the JSA labels.

3 Likes