Character LUNNA SNOW rumored to be joining the MCU

I have not seen this posted yet so I thought I would share. I came across rumors that K-POP star BlackPink’s Jennie (no idea who this is) is in talks to join the MCU as Luna Snow. Luna Snow first appeared in the video game Marvel Future Fight but her first printed appearance is in War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1 (along with multiple, covers printings, ratio and store variants variants). There is also Comic Shop News #1658 if you count those.

I must admit I have not heard of the sites that are reporting this or the actress/singer slated to get the role but more articles are popping up so their might be some truth to it, so take it all with a large grain of salt for now, but at the same time get those extra copies of War of the Realms New Agents of Atlas #1 ready or look for cheap copies just in case.

Here is a link to one of the sites reporting on this:

BLACKPINK Jennie Joining Marvel Cinematic Universe Rumor | Hypebeast

1 Like

i also read this rumor on some k-pop sites but don’t recall seeing a credible source. Blackpink is currently on a world tour plus Jennie recently debuted in the HBO series “The Idol” in a smalllllllll acting role (haven’t watched). These combinations may have sparked a rumor.

I have been speculating on New Agents of Atlas #1 and #2 (1st Sword Master in story) since it came out and current sales have dipped.

Edit: spelling correction

2 Likes

Yeah, prices are down on New Agents of Atlas #1 and #2. Quite a few firsts and more than likely we see some if not all of them on screen at some point. Not sure it will start with this person but eventually.

I’m hoping to see White Fox as well.

2 Likes

I can’t see them not using her! I think the fan boys out there would go nuts over the costume alone!..including me!

…Who wouldn’t want a live action of that?!

4 Likes

This isnt true. Looks like a bunch of her fans are making this up and trying to make this happen…

:joy:

3 Likes

Could be, or it could be a bunch of feelers being thrown out to see if there is actual interest. I’ve got my extra copies so to be honest I wouldn’t mind at all if it is true. It would also be nice to see some of the New Agents of Atlas characters make it to live action. A lot of them are likeable and might do well. That said, I won’t hold my breath until I see more mainstream sites reporting on this. I did see it on yahoo, but,y’know…Yahoo. Either way, there will be people out there that react to news like this aggressively and start buying. That always seems to be the case.

2 Likes

Yeahh I also don’t know how credible this site HYPE BEAST is

2 Likes

luna snow was always great spec, very easy way to pump asian box office with kpop star

4 Likes

I surprised Marvel hasn’t jumped on any of these characters sooner. They are original, organically grown so to speak and have potential.

1 Like

Update from the label that manages her:

However, an official from Jenny’s agency YG Entertainment told Star News on the 12th, “Jenny has never been offered a role in the Marvel series ‘Team Agent of Atlas,’ drawing a line on the rumor of joining Marvel.”

Well, there you go. Could be deflection until contracts are drawn up but I would think if this was legit or at least far along in negotiations more mainstream outlets closer to Disney would be reporting on it. Still, she does look the part. If Disney was smart they would leave some of their recent failures far behind them and move on to newer, popular characters such those seen in New Agents of Atlas or Strange Academy for their live action needs.

1 Like

Unfortunately theres a lot of sketchy stuff in the KPOP industry and often these kpop groups are heavily controlled by their labels
“Once they debut as part of a group, K-pop idols may be subject to even more control and supervision from their management companies. They may be required to follow strict schedules that can include appearances on television shows, interviews, fan meetings, concerts, and other events. They may also be required to maintain a certain image or concept as part of their group’s brand, which can include restrictions on their personal style, behavior, and social media presence.”
So it could be a case of them not wanting her to do acting and focus more on music with her group. Of course this also seems like it was just fans of theres trying to will this casting into happening but who knows

1 Like

I find it revealing that they were so specific with a title of a non existent movie.

1 Like

That is kind of funny.

“Did you take my lunch?”

“No, I didn’t take your chicken salad sandwich!”

“That’s odd, I didn’t say what my lunch was, but you just did.”

1 Like