Children of the Atom #1 2nd Print

Just a heads up that the 2nd print for Children of the Atom #1 goes on FoC next week: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN219345

No cover art yet, but it’ll probably be one of the splash images. Either way, I really enjoyed issue#1 and will pick up a few 2nd prints.
Also, the 2nd print drops (and FoCs) on the same day as Issue#2–FYI.

2 Likes

I going to pick up several copies of the 2nd printing just in case if the characters takes off.

1 Like

Previews don’t have the cover art yet.
However, on Sanctum Sanctorum they seem to have it.
What’s weird is that doesn’t look like Bernard Chang’s art (which is what the 2nd print has been solicited as).

With all the hate this book received on YouTube for the last year, I don’t think the first print was heavily ordered.

There are not a lot of Cover A’s left on eBay already. Which is pretty wild considering it just released last week.

1 Like

Stories drive demand… if the majority aren’t liking the story itself, I don’t think this is going to heat up just because there were less printed.

1 Like

Totally agree if people don’t like the story, but that can change and seems to be when you read many of the reviews after it’s release.

I’m blown away by what the 1:100 is going for…

1 Like

Yeah but youtube is full of angry and bitter people who hate stuff way before. They probably complained and hated the idea of miles way back when

3 Likes

I know people who really liked this book. I wouldnt dismiss it just because you personally didnt care for it or a bunch of YouTube bozos dont like it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s weird. Online, I see a lot of hate for the title. But everyone that I’ve spoken with, personally, who actually read it this week had nothing but positive comments; mind you, my friends are more comic collectors/readers than speculators though.

What’s more, given the solicitation for issue #4 (where it seems the children of the atom are going to Krakoa for the Gala), I’m even more interested to see who these kids are really and how they will eventually relate to the Krakoan mutants.

1 Like

You never know when a character heats up ie. Reptil, Young Avengers, Amadeus Cho, MIles Morales.

I agree with the poster who said these same angry youtubers probably disliked Miles Morales when it first came out and complained about diversity. A lot of these youtubers are trying to create content to drive traffic to their site. Not saying their reviews aren’t genuine but I’m not going to base my buying decisions on their sole opinions. That’s what it is, their opinions. I happen to like a lot of stuff that others don’t like too. You can’t please everyone.

2 Likes

No one should ever base their own buying habits based on others opinions. Buy what you like is one of the golden rules.

1 Like

I read it and I really like it…a lot. A lot of it probably has to do because I really liked the art, and the characters. I’m not going to nitpick the story apart and take away my enjoyment of the title but it was a fun read. Good enough that I’m going to stay with the title as long as the creative team doesn’t change.

Anyone know if this is a miniseries or ongoing? Heard it was a five issue mini but can’t find that info anywhere.

3 Likes

So according to a couple of articles I found (see below), the title is being described as an ongoing series.

Writer Vita Ayala is currently taking Marvel’s famous living vampire on a chilling journey in MORBIUS and is eager to bring their creative genius to the X-Men line with this brand-new ongoing series!
Coming in April... 'Children of the Atom' #1 | Marvel

The Dawn of X era has not only gotten bigger but has also added a round of fresh faces to the population of Marvel’s Merry Mutants in the new ongoing comic book series Children of the Atom by Vita Ayala and Bernard Chang.
Coming in April... 'Children of the Atom' #1 | Marvel

1 Like

nice!

1 Like

I read it and liked it. I’ve been reading all the X-books and this was solid for sure.

2 Likes

Haven’t read myself yet, but was hoping for a good story.

There seems to be a large proportion of people on the internet whose sole ambition is to trash books and tell everyone how they are nowhere near as good as [insert current pet favourite title]…it’s just so destructive.

I wonder if it is the same section of people who do the same thing to movies, tv, music, etc. It’s perfectly possible in my world to enjoy the things I enjoy without having to tell others what they like is trash.

3 Likes

Like morons Ya boi Zack and Yellowflash?I wonder how these nitwits have so many views and likes .I have been wrong plenty of times,but at least I don’t pretend like my opinions are facts.

I barely have the time and patience to read articles, much less watch hour-long spec videos by people who are all toxic-acting. These folk sound like real treats…

1 Like