CHU Exclusive First Appearance!

Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats!! Our first will be one next week. Get as much sleep as you can before she arrives. Best of luck, enjoy this amazing journey!

1 Like

Nice one. Many congratulations : )

1 Like

Thank you all!

1 Like

Warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl i wanna suggest you something for your loved one comfort. No, babies need to lie in a flat position in their pushchair for at least the first 6 months. Some strollers are only suitable from 6 months, as they don’t lie flat enough.

“Lying flat helps to protect your baby’s back, development and breathing,” says buggy expert Charlotte Gelstharp from Natural Baby Shower so you should need a comfortable pram for her

Okay so I have an update:

We have had 2 additional blood tests and BOTH of these tests have come back as us having a BOY. Wifey is a little shocked but is wrapping her head around it.

Could be that we are having twins but I would imagine that between ultrasounds and heart beat tests they would pick up a second person in there…

Anyways now we are totally redoing our registries and whatnot… what a crazy 24hrs.

8 Likes

:baby: CONGRATS !! :baby_bottle:

1 Like

It’s a crap shoot at best. We didn’t find out what we were having with our first child but all the old superstitions said we were having a girl. We did neutral colors and registered for neutral clothes. We had a boy. I went full on with sports themed stuff.

1 Like

So, a minor update here:

Wife wants photo evidence of the baby’s gender before moving forward with any planning / registries. When we thought it was a girl she went full tilt and then we got boy results a few weeks later. Needless to say she is understandably hun shy of purchasing anything else for the nursery or setting up a baby registry. We have gone to about 4 ultrasound appointments and EVERY TIME the baby has either been laying with its back to the probe OR had its legs crossed. So far we are unable to determine ANYTHING.

A positive note is that this last appointment we got a really nice profile picture of the baby. The best one yet. It is really crazy to watch the baby move its limbs… I can only imagine what it feels like to see him or her in person!

5 Likes

It’s so strange because, if you see their face on an ultrasound, some how you recognize them from something you saw before when they’re born. I still look at our daughter’s ultrasound and say “that’s her!”

Itispat

2 Likes

Schmekel detected! It is officially a boy!

10 Likes

Mazel Tov!!

1 Like

I was always told they can detect girls easier.

1 Like

Thank you!

Looking a registry my wife is putting together and I must say that Hydra has never looked so lovable.

2 Likes

If that was the Hydra logo, sign me up.

1 Like

My daughter sleeps with this octopus every night. It’s a real winner of a plush. Those legs kind of spiral and spring back into place.

1 Like

Before doing so, I’d like to ask @agentpoyo, @Anthony and the CHU community in general if they have any objections with me posting our baby registry?

Congratulations!

1 Like