Comic Buying/Shopping Preference-Input Requested

Hi all!
So I’m organizing my books for my once a year show. It’s a small show and I don’t have a million books or anything. I’m thinking about 24 short boxes all told. I tend to be pretty organized and have my dividers with nice little graphic labels with books sorted by title typically.
With pricing I pretty much only do: $2 books (6 for $10), $5 (5 for $20) books, and $10 and up books
( buy 3 get one free regardless of price).

My question is this…since I pretty much price every book like this, without a bunch of randomness, should I just make my boxes all random $2, $5, and $10 up boxes and let folks search and dig by price OR should I still stick to keeping the organized by titled/category/character regardless of price?

I also always tend to down price…if a book tends to say be in the $8 to $9 dollar range it will still go down to the $5 box.

Did that babbling make sense? Thanks for any input.

I like organization when it comes to picking. But I can say if I am looking for a certain book and find the same title randomly scattered, it will make me continue to dig to see if the book is in there somewhere else.

2 Likes

Thanks! Even in the “same price” boxes" I try to keep some sort of reasonable sanity if possible.

That balance between “hey…do you have any Venom books?” Vs “I’m looking for deals on run fillers or flipping opportunities for myself” so I can point em in the right direction. :blush:

Not sure if this would work for what you are selling, but I did see one vendor recently that had everything (or the majority) organized by artist. I’ve seen a few section within a box of artist but this guy had everything organized by artist, 5 or so long boxes. Seemed popular, but not sure if he sold more than organizing it like you have, but perhaps just trying to be different from every other vendor there.

For myself I love a large set of random boxes to pick through, but I like to take my time and go through them, seems like more of a treasure hunt. Until you get to the end and didn’t find anything you like and saw 45 issues of each of Ravage 2099 and Deathlok and pre-Alan Moore Supreme and curse the horrible organization of it all. So really, I’m at odds with myself it seems.

1 Like

I like them when they’re all separated into price tier boxes. I start from the $1 boxes and work my way up. Bonus if they’re alphabetized but doesn’t need to be as long as it’s in some coherent order and not a jumbled mess. This way it gets me to dig for books at the entire booth.

1 Like

Personally, if there are a lot of vendors I pass on the “disorganized” tables and will only search through random boxes time permitting at the end. I definitely am not going to wait if there are people blocking access while they rummage. More times than not I don’t go back.

I will caveat that with that I’m not looking for random deals…usually I have a short list of titles or issue numbers I’m after.

1 Like