Comic Picks of the Week for Delivery 4/24/24

1 Like

Only 5 copies at E-Bay, it is street legal TODAY.
mini marvels spidey sense in Comic Books & Memorabilia for sale | eBay
Two of those are out of country copies.

Stock status at Diamond getting low.

I was able to restock thru PRH.

1 Like

All of the Rise of Powers covers are in stock for reorder at Diamond and I assume at PRH also.

Swifties may not be aware of it yet but I actually like the Jubilee cover more. It had a 100 variant and a50 and a 25 so I’m assuming they were all ordered pretty heavily. I grabbed some more Dazzler and Jubilee covers just now to be sure PRH has plenty so it’ll be another 30 minutes or so to verify.

1 Like

It’s such a bummer that DSTLRY has adopted the prestige size and pricing for all of their books. I’m sure it’s more lucrative for them, but I just don’t want to spend $9 per issue for a monthly title. And, the oversized format isn’t my preferred thing either.

Their content looks pretty good though. Good creators. Interesting concepts. I just can’t imagine they are selling a ton of these. My shops order very few of these for the shelves, if any.

4 Likes

I bought that dopey Gold DSTLRY at SDCC 2023 for profit, knowing full well I shouldn’t. (head vs. heart)
But it was a SDCC exclusive so how could I go wrong, I thought to myself.

I suppose I won’t lose with a buy-in of $50, but I don’t think an appreciable gain is on the horizon either. And that is as rare of a thing as anything for an SDCC Exclusive that is significantly limited.

Oh well

1 Like

I bought two copies of the double signed first issue preview book that Midtown had for cover. Sold one to pay for the other copy. It’s really pretty, but I just can’t see buying many more in that format/price.

2 Likes

Any way to leak Anthony’s picks to one of those blogger people who have a huge following?

I went and ordered some more Dazzlers from diamond just now that should arrive in a couple weeks with Diamonds normal slow delivery.

If we can get one of those list people to make it pick of the week, maybe they can exhaust the supply and get some of the Swifties desperate for overpriced copies by the time Diamond ships.

I would not put money into that cover. Dazzler is on plenty of covers already…

1 Like

I just like the cover. Harkens back to her first appearance

Shhhhhhh, Swifties may not know things like this. Taylor just dropped 15 new songs on them to keep them distracted. Taylor Swift Drops 15 Surprise Songs, Double Album on Tortured Poets Department (variety.com)

2 Likes

X-men 130 facsimile 1:25 variant also came out his week… if you want a Dazzler cover :grinning:

I couldn’t do it. It felt wrong when it’s a facimile book but the cover isn’t the original. It feels almost like lying. It’s a mostly facimile, not a complete facimile. I cut my initial order down to only 10 copies of the original plus only 2 foils and those were only due to customer requests. Even the foil feels wrong since the original wasn’t.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I like my original …

Be civil, @BJ and @billyraybob please. Everyone is allowed to their opinion when declared politely.

1 Like

What’s not civil? If I wasn’t being civil I could call all kinds of BS on Marvel over their ignorant foil policy which we still mostly boycott. It appears every other publisher has the ability to produce a foil with a cover price on it that allows stores to order normally and get their regular discount but Marvel wants to create continual headache and confusion with theirs. Then to play additional games with facsimile’s which are clearly not. If you’re changing the cover significantly then by definition it’s not an exact copy. While changing the price and such and maybe bar code scan boxes are forced due to basic functionality of the retail environment, Foils and alternative covers aren’t and put their copies in the category of facsimile’s about as much as any True Believers or other alternative printings. It appears that Marvel may not understand the definition of facsimile which I took the time to show.

Marvel has no incentive to change things and start doing them right as long as people continue to support them financially. Stop ordering them and they’ll either stop producing them or better yet, fix the pricing policy which I see as completely flawed and unnecessary.

Your response to D-Rog just joking, it comes off as passive aggressive when he was just playing around with the meme.

The rest of your comment I’m at a lost, just seems like you’re rambling off topic. Let’s steer this back on course perhaps, talking about Anthony’s picks of the week. If you want to grumble on about Marvel facsmilies, start a new topic…

1 Like

The irony is that I actually agree. A true facsimile is an exact copy.

Once they put that $3.99 price tag/barcode on the cover, it’s no longer a facsimile, technically speaking.

So yes, none of these facsimiles are real facsimiles everyone is pumping out.

1 Like