Covrprice Top 20

3 Likes

Is it me, or is COVRPrice just totally off base sometimes?? Now I know these two books are evergreen keys, but I believe that the MCU has next to nothing to do with why Secret Wars 8 and ASM 300 are trending. I believe they are surging because of the Spider-Man 2 video game is due out real soon. The game features not only the symbiote suit for the first time, but also Venom.

This reminds me of when Frankie Raye was trending and COVRprice couldn’t figure it out. It was trending during the Galactus HasLab campaign. People want books to to with their figures, but COVRprice seemed to be oblivious to it.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how moving only 15 copies can put that Crow book on the top 10.

2 Likes

Any Top 10/20/30 lists has ulterior motives…

4 Likes

This… :100:

5 Likes

We should all know, if they actually did report actual sales data across the board, the top ten list of what books sold the most would probably be very common books of no real significance or based on current news that affect prices for the most part.

Top lists are just cherry picked books (and normally just books people are currently talking about) to report on… and yes, I’m sure most are created for those “ulterior” motives…

2 Likes

I don’t think Covrprice has ulterior motives to be honest. But not sure others don’t.

4 Likes

They likely don’t but it’s still cherry picked of what people are buzzing over. I’m sure they all lurk on forums like this and other sites to come up with their “top lists” of books to check and report on.

Just shoot me the day that I ever purchase any item on a “hot list”, any hot list, for more than cover price (or going rate pre-Hotlist).
And yet - people still do it… 15 years into this nonsense.

I saw one of the Hughes NYCC Sirens variant or something go for a crazy amount the other day after it appeared on (I believe?) Covrprice. It’s just unreal this still happens.

3 Likes

Sheep… there’s a lot of sheep out there who will do whatever when whoever says buy this… so they do.

2 Likes

I buy hot books from hot lists at my comic shop and online… at cover price or less.

3 Likes

Well, we all do. Some need to learn to how to drop the FOMO and skip it when the prices reach peak value.

1 Like

So my Dirty D FOC pics have an ulterior motive now?

You’re right…I secretly want to run up the print run and destroy aftermarket value upon release!

Mwaaa ha ha ha haaaa!

2 Likes

Admitting your guilt is the first step to the path of redemption. Good for you!!!

1 Like

I second this. Covrprice seems to aim for being viewed as objective and reliable as they keep close track of prices of stuff and do the articles and lists more as fun supplemental material. I even applied to write for them if they need more writers because I like writing about comics and I like getting paid to write my insane ramblings.

2 Likes

There may be no ulterior motives with Covrprice (or others).
But I’m still not buying when that list goes out.

So whether it’s straight data driven truth, somewhere in-between, or ulterior - I’m out

1 Like

Covrprice can’t have an ulterior motive, if they do they’re really bad at it. By the time they get their list out it’s been a week and all the hot books have cooled off…

2 Likes

No… just picking your picks based on different reasons is not the same category as a lot of these “hot lists”…

Here is this week’s feel free to read and comment

1 Like

Same old recycled stuff just in a different order. You can tell speculating has hit a wall this year.

4 Likes