"Crossover," First Issue Impressions?

If you’re a retailer acting like a consumer, buying more than you can likely sell cause you’re not keeping tabs on your customer base, then that’s on you. Like I said, if you’re that gullible to believe everything on the internet is true, then you deserve to lose your money. Do your homework, know your own business and customer base… if you fall victim cause you took the word from the publisher and creators, then you’re a complete and utter moron to begin with and I’m surprised you’re still in business anyways.

Simply put, if I ran a comic shop and I know of 50 customers that want KIB #1, why would I buy 500 copies cause Stegman told me to? That’s on me and I’m a moron if I’m buying more than I know I can sell. Trying to blame the publisher or creators for marketing their book is just the very sad attempt this world has come to… The whole… “not my fault, let me blame someone else” is completely out of control nowadays. Sigh!

1 Like

Well we can revisit this when Midtown sells out their copies of King in Black #1 since they have multiple stores in metropolitan areas and a huge online presence by your logic they should of been sold out on foc date with how big they are. My guess is 4 years from now they are still in stock at midtown.

If anyone took Stegman’s tweets as literal, sarcasm is foreign to them. C’mon people, that was all in fun.

1 Like

Maybe… but Midtown I wouldn’t use as a good measure of how the smaller local shops operate with their customer base. Midtown serves the world as probably the biggest online retailer for comics. I would not want to be their ordering manager, cause I’m sure they sit on a lot of books thinking more will want over days or weeks. That’s just how it goes though… do your ordering based on what you know and think you can sell, not by some turd blossom’s tweets on twitter… :wink:

Crossover #3 has 8 secret variants. "The 8 variations illustrated by Todd McFarlane feature Ellie reading different hit image comics while Spawn looks over her shoulder: Crossover #1, Cyber Force #1, Savage Dragon #1, Shadow Hawk #1, Walking Dead #1, Nowhere Men #1, Spawn #1, and Crossover #3. We’ve estimated the ratios for these books at 1:4, 1:8, and 1:25. " (copy/pasted from Stadium Comics website)

Wonder if any is actually rarer than the others or if they’re all equally rare.

Oh FFS… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This is how Eric Stephenson reacts every time the marketing department says they’re putting out another “variant cover” for a title at Image Comics…

3 Likes

The amount of people who contact us asking if we can find/send them the secret variant(s) with their pre-orders/subscriptions when there’s just ONE secret cover is going to get even worse…

(And before anyone gets snarky in here the answer is no you get what you get :-P)

2 Likes

Can I be excluded and treated special? I MUST HAVE EVERY SECRET VARIANT!!! I :heart: CATES SO MUCH, MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!!

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Donny “car salesmen” Cates at it again

At least his stuff normally appreciates in value and not depreciate once you take it off the lot :wink:

If the Creator, in this case Cates, is directly telling the retailers to order ‘accordingly’, w/o actual hyping anything in the book, that would be a huge red flag for me. And I think it’s cheap on Cates’ behalf, and not really advertising. He isn’t advertising anything. Hes just saying ‘order more, trust me’. Kinda desperate looking on Cates’ part, imo.

I don’t see it as “advertising”… more like… “marketing”… Desperate? Not so much. If retailers actually follow someone’s advice on twitter over knowing their own base and what they can and can’t sell, that’s truly on them I say.

I don’t call Geico every time they say I should call to save 15% on the television and ads I see on the internet (I’m sorry if they start showing up now on your browser)… I already know USAA beats the snot out of them in which I currently have.

why nowhere men ?