Current DC

I’m on Justice League and so far it isn’t bad but not so good that I can recommend it.

Swamp Thing however I CAN recommend. It’s a whole new story arc and character as Swamp Thing. It’s a perfect place to start if you’re unfamiliar and a good read so far no matter what… and it looks like it will tie in to Batman so you may be obligated to snag it anyways.

I can’t get into Next Batman. I toughed it out in Future State but I couldn’t continue with it afterwards. Which is odd because Ridley wrote a killer Superman :man_superhero: story!

I like the newer, “Suicide Squad,” comic and the future-Batman stuff.

1 Like

I like Damian too. Such a little sh!thead.
If you are interested in more of Damian’s back story, check out the Batman & Robin New 52 series (about 40 issues). It is a good read with a well written dynamic between the newly found father and son.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I’ve been passing on DC completely for weeks now. Spend over $6 on Urban Legends and only 2 of the stories were even worth reading. Batman Black/White same thing. I just don’t enjoy it and feel they could rip some of it right out of the book and no one would miss anything. In fact, it would improve it.
They are obviously capable of writing some great stuff because it is in there, but it’s surrounded by nonsense.
Some of the Future states are awful. FS Aquaman? Boy, was that lame. I have given up on so many DC books in the last two months. Strange Adventures? I wanted them to end it on issue #6, the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.
If you want a nice laugh, look at reviews on comicbookroundup for some of those DC books:)…DC is really ticking some folks off.

I really liked Robin.

2 Likes

I just complete skip the anthology books. I would only buy them if every story looked like it would be worth reading.

if 50k normally buy book A and if only 25k would buy book B
if you stick 1/3 to 1/4 of B INTO A for 3-4 months and charge 1 buck more you just sold 50k book b’s

To be fair I really like Yara Flor as a character, enjoyed the Bendis Legion of SH and like Far Sector. I’m feeling more balanced today : )

1 Like
1 Like

Some actual non-Batman titles. Praise Jesus!

Mark Waid + Dan Mora has the potential to be fantastic on Shazam.

2 Likes

bat books will be the replacement books