Curses! Spoiled Again! (8/6)

Yep…read it again. Destiny specifically tells her she is only going to get about 11 chances total at this little reincarnation thing she has going. She will run out of options/her role will be over. So she is now down to her last one/perhaps 2 attempts at making things “right” (which is a relative term as she has come to know). We don’t know what course"right" will be at this point, but she has approached Xavier with the knowledge she has come to know and we shall see. It’s an “all the marbles” scenario now.

So you are right in that she will eventually “get to some point of learning”, but we are already at that point in the storytelling…we will see what that final plan holds for the mutants.

Just my thoughts. For me, I’m fine with the white pages of text as I feel it adds to the story. It made me think, makes us have this discussion. When a comic book leaves me asking questions, looking back at past story arcs, etc…I’m happy. I definitely understand your view of wanting the visuals as well.

The story most reminded me of “The Butterfly Effect”.

It was definitely better the second trip through just now. I still don’t buy the 10 or 11 times max thing since #9 doesn’t line up with what’s already happened the last 50 years. If Destiny was truly seeing the future she could have just pointed her in life #4 to whatever the outcome targeted for #10 should have been.

Planning a 3rd read once this churns around a bit.

Those little timelines taking up multiple pages make me expect unfulfilled potential stories I’d rather have just read. A few years back they released an Independence Day comic series with timelines connecting from the end of the 1st movie thru to the second movie that had lots of great sounding potential but so far nothings come from it other than the disappointment of unsatisfied desire. A couple pages I wouldn’t mind but 15 came across as excessive. Maybe if they’d dropped the price back to $3.99 and treated them as free extras. It’s not like plain white paper with minimal ink costs that much compared to the saturated pages of art and the salaries of the artists and pencilers that were left out of those.