D-Rog BOLO

Not sure how long this has been out on Walmart shelves, but for a Walmart cover variant it’s pretty sweet. It’s Alex Ross drawing/painting Spider-Man and his top 10 or so villains from Spidey’s rogue gallery. Does it get any better than this??

eBay sales are even hitting the $15-$18 mark, but this one is for the PC I believe. I happened to come across the one copy today walking through. Be on the lookout, Spidey/Ross fans!

If I open it I’ll post what other books are inside. I’ll also continue to post books to look out for in this thread as I come across interesting ones that may not be on people’s radar.

EDIT: May not be Ross. Looking into it. Can’t find the signature on the cover.

1 Like

I’m suggesting you change the acronym to KYEO (Keep Your Eyes Open), in order to get away from any association with some other list that uses the incredibly uncreative BoLo acronym. :upside_down_face:

BOLO is a law enforcement acronym.

I’m not sure of which I’m less of a fan of; cops or that other guys bolo list. Ugh. Lol. :wink:

That other guy hasn’t posted a BOLO list in months.

Title is mine now!

1 Like

Still not 100% on this, but this ASM 33 may be Felipe Massafera. Art styles very similar. Didn’t know much about Felipe until now.

1 Like

It’s Felipe

1 Like

Here are the books that were packaged with the ASM 33. Not reprints, shockingly. Just older comics, each 3 pack had one variant and one regular.

Regal will distribute 75,000 Birds of Prey special edition comics featuring a reprint of Harley Quinn #1 (2016), with a cover illustration by Joelle Jones depicting the movie versions of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey.

Moviegoers will receive the comic as a gift with each ticket purchase. The Birds of Prey special edition comic will include ads for both current releases and backlist titles to drive fans into comic shops for more.

Warners hasn’t had the greatest luck with in-cinema giveaways – this was once done with the release of The Matrix, with original stories by the likes of Neil Gaiman and Geof Darrow being given away, only for the powers that be to realise that kids were picking up free comics with rude words and bottoms in them. They were withdrawn, making an instant collectible.