Daredevil 9

Seeing chatter about Echo. Anyone buying in or already invested? I have 5 or 6 copies myself, but none graded.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard a thing and I suggest you sell your copies to me. Lol. I have several myself including a few newsstands.

1 Like

Echo is an interesting character. May I ask what chatter you’ve heard?

I have it but all Daredevil stuff is like a red headed step child.

So I guess Elektra & Bullseye don’t count?!?! They’re undervalued and under appreciated. Which is how I like the books I collect. I don’t need more competition.

There’s already been Daredevil and Elektra movies and tv shows. And when their not in tv shows and movies the values redip and that’s why you think they are undervalued because they have steadily slid off their once highs.

1 Like

I love the characters but he is literally and figuratively a red headed step child. His Dad died boxing and his mother had the church raise him. His books go up when he’s got something going in media but they all crash back down to the prices people been paying for the last 20 years. I have all the Daredevil keys from #1 up I wish they would do something. Even #1 hasn’t had much growth overall compared to other leading Silver Age Book 1st appearances and it’s just as old as ASM #1. I paid $125 for it but it’s hole punched 10 years ago and probably get like 5-700 for it today if I would of bought a low grade Strange Tales #110 for the same amount 10 years ago I would of had way more return. I consider DAredevil more important than Dr Strange but the general consensus doesn’t, which before the movies Dr Strange was a C- list character .

1 Like

ASM #300 and NYX #3 were $50 raw copies on eBay 10-12 years ago To put some more perspective on it. If you spent $100 on comics during the 2008-2010 recession some of the returns are crazy today

Disney put out a casting call for a deaf native American female.

2 Likes

Couldn’t be many characters that fit that bill.

1 Like

But on the casting it says the name of the character in the casting as Malia and it’s says Native American or Latino so the casting would have to be a purposeful misdirect and have something false in it and not just a straight forward supporting role casting. It sounds more like Echo when you say deaf Native American than a deaf Native American or Latino named Malia.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t even say it’s a Marvel casting so for all we know they casting Pocahontas for live action, or some other god forsaken Disney Zombies sequel I’ll have to watch 7900 times with my 9 year old.

I think they put out the right amount of info to bring in the right actress and left enough out to generate some buzz/speculation. But yeah who knows what they’re planning. Books are flying off eBay though. I ordered what looked like a NM+ copy earlier this evening while it was still cheap just in case this turns into something. I have a bunch of copies already and if it continues to heat up I’ll list the lowest grade copy I have tomorrow just to get rid of it.

1 Like

I have always considered Daredevil to be the third most important, or third favorite Marvel character, behind Spidey and Wolvie/X-Men. Why no one likes him I have no idea, but the Avengers/Marvel cosmic heroes always seemed so dull to me- even Stan Lee said that Daredevil was always more popular than iron man because he had more character and personality. The DD book has had some of the greatest runs of all time, what Iron Man stories can people even name off the top of their head besides Demon in a Bottle and the Ellis run?

On a lighter note, who would think the 1998 series would be going for pennies besides #9 of all issues. #1 seems worth less than it was 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel, found a post from CBR and gave credit to you for the heads up.

I need to start looking at Rictman’s stuff frequently again, haven’t looked in a while as he has been kinda quiet.

1 Like

Doesn’t say anything about the MCU

Just goes back to the cyclical nature of spec…already considered a “key” and in the past it had spikes due to rumors.

Cool book and cool character I’ve always been fond of. I would love to see a deaf character on screen. I’m not getting PC about it…but I work quite a bit with the deaf community and this would be very cool for them to see.

1 Like

Well, most if not all productions of shows and movies came to a screaming halt during the shutdowns…

I’ve been getting low ball offers for
My Daredevil 9 all week…finally someone bought it for asking which was $15. So something’s a buzz…