Dawn of X revealed

Great. 8,000,000 titles to try to keep up with :roll_eyes:

I’ve been out of X-men for awhile (can you blame me?) and I’m pulling for Hickman.

Looking at these solicits, these questions initially come to mind:

1. Two Psylockes, one being Captain Britain? I remember reading the Betsy Braddock returned to her original body. Is the ninja body a Jean Grey/Marvel Girl time travel thing?

2. What happened to the Magick w/ Colossus arm character featured in the HOX and POX marketing stuff? She has a “new character” variant cover. Short lived? Come to think of it, where is Prof. X with the oversized helmet? Is HOX and POX also on-going? For some reason I thought they were minis to get get us to these October/November titles. (I don’t know why I thought that though.)

3. No Speed Weasel? Come on Hickman. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4. Am I the only one that wishes the New Mutants wasn’t set in space?

It appears like the whole thing is going to be a total start over throwing out everything that’s ever happened and bringing back everyone ever killed as well as mixing in lots of potential 1sts.

Great. 8,000,000 titles to try to keep up with :roll_eyes:

Actually it looks like only 6 issues a month which is only up two issues total from the once a week pace of HOX and POX assuming none of them are bi-monthly which cannot be determined yet. I’m pretty sure something in that 6 is going to tank and get cancelled after 6 to 10 issues or so like usual or just ID’d up front as a mini.

It looks strange and different and my only problem at this point is reusing established titles in ways that aren’t clearly associated with the original’s content. Take Fallen Angels for example which was a runaway misfits type of story that was quant, charming and overall left a good vibe for most issues if you weren’t a lobster lover. (They started with 2)

FALLEN ANGELS #1

Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL

Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER

On sale November 2019

NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!

Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind!

That doesn’t sound anything close to the original. If it’s that different it should have it’s own name instead of trying to tie into the legacy of and pull readers expecting something like the original.

I have no doubts they’ll mess it up and make it too big over time but hopefully not right away.

For what it’s worth - The CHU team set up a pretty strong roadmap of where things belong in the forum. To keep the forum neat and clean, which will help establish future growth, I would encourage a topic like this (Dawn of X) that clearly belongs in either “Comics or Comic Speculation” to be categorized as such. If you open a topic like this in “uncategorized” it’s likely creating a duplicate post and making it difficult for new users to find what they’re looking for. Remember, post responsibly, think before you post.

Little efforts like putting something where it goes probably saves the CHU team from having to re-categorize after the fact, merge posts, etc and is just a nice way of showing gratitude for the work they already put in.