DC Fandome 2021

Any spec from the DC Fandome press release?

2 Likes

Does DC have much of any spec now as it is?

Yes, I know it does have some, I’m just being a stinker.

1 Like

Detective comics 27 might be good I find those in dollar bins all the time

The best test would be a surprise first appearance for a low ordered title with the character now being the protagonist of a TV show. Seeing what Batgirl 50 has done on the secondary market I lost faith in DC appreciation compared to Marvel.

2 Likes

From what I have observed, most of DC’s legacy characters are still relatively pricey. Even their classic villains appearances can get a good amount of money. However, you still cannot see more of their books of B-list or C-list characters on the rise because DC film universe is kinda still in its infancy and have yet to introduce more characters that stick as profitable in media that are not Bat related. If moving forward say 5 years from now and more films have already been released that has good reception, people will slowly see the value of DC books. Marvel spec was not this crazy right now 10 years ago i assume.

2 Likes

BLACK ADAM First Look

2 Likes

BLACK MANTA First Look Behind The Scene from Aquaman 2

2 Likes

An animated Milestone movie was confirmed

2 Likes

Live-action Static Shock movie too.

(But that was revealed last year…)

Yes. This is just so dope. This could be DC’s Into the Spider-verse kinda movie.

1 Like

So basically only Milestone comics are the new spec from this mega-event?

milestone (mostly just static)
monkey prince (getting a 12 issue run)

not to much else, fingers crossed the ww3 movie includes yara, perhaps that is why dc cancelled her show just weeks after announcing it

well it was ordered a pilot and cw turned it down, which thank god cause most cw shows are trash (star girl and superman and lois are great but not really cw shows)

2 Likes

yea, some have a good first season but quickly get watered down

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon for Yara.

I hope Cassie Sandsmark is in it.

i dont know they gave naomi a show already, and the whole dcfandom they were hitting on diversity pretty hard

1 Like

Not Yara Flor smh. Hopefully for the first time they tackle more about the Greek mythology. It’s what’s lacking from that world. Give us more gods and godesses and introduce Donna Troy in small capacity

1 Like

It’s called Woke, Inc.

1 Like

zzzzzzz