Dept. of Truth Optioned?

Which makes one :thinking: that this is just a ploy from the creative team and publisher as a way to boost salesā€¦ Thatā€™s why itā€™d be great if we had some facts to back up the claim.

But you know, if you got copies and you intend to sell, sell now before the market is flooded.

1 Like

Iā€™ll file this comic next to my other ā€œoptionedā€ books like Body Bags, Animosity, Gideon Falls, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

1 Like

Ah yes, Animosity. I have some first issues somewhere nobody wants anymore.

Iā€™ve actually found this comic somewhat difficult to read/follow. Issue 1 was cool - especially the ending, but issue 2 had me like lost like ā€œwtf am I reading?ā€

Def ainā€™t no SIKTC - that had me locked in quick.

I actually started digging, ā€œDepartment of Truth,ā€ more with issue #2. The initial pitch, ā€œEvery conspiracy theory is true!ā€ sounded meh. The idea that an organization monitors reality because if enough people believe something it becomes true and threatens the, ā€œTruth,ā€ is a lot more interesting to me.

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ You make it sound more interesting than I remember it being. Iā€™m gonna have to go back and re-read it now, lol.

1 Like

Yeah, it grew on me. The joke about how if too many kids believe in Santa Claus they have to kill him every once in a while made me chuckle.

Yeah, Tynion grounds the premise in a really neat way. Iā€™ve really the first two issues!

Just an FYI you can get this for cover price (a and b covers) Here.