Dirty D's F.O.C

hasnt been a big spec book for a long time to be released people are hungry for anything at this point, and are pissing their money away

2 Likes

Whoa, hey now. Let’s not get all crazy here. That’s like saying Captain America is boring every time they reboot his title

1 Like

I’m just hoping for a good story. If the stories are good and character driven, maybe the needle moves a bit on the marvel books.

I passed on a few Zarana first appearances this weekend
didn’t know she was going to be part of the new Cobra. Damn.

1 Like
3 Likes

IH6 is first book i went “heavy” on since bp3. in this market its a gamble but i like the looks of character

2 Likes

Incredible Hulk 6?

yes

1 Like

Zombie Ghost Rider first appearance.

1 Like

yep, he’s a ww1 army veteran who teams up with hulk in synopsis for issue 7, so he’s confirmed a hero

1 Like

cover art for issue 8

2 Likes

Debatable. There have been zombie ghost rider(s) in Marvel Zombies, i believe (although I haven’t pulled the books to visually confirm. I wound assume this is the first 616 Zombie Ghost Rider.

Although one has to think
what’s the difference between a ghost and a zombie? If a ghost is basically “dead”
doesn’t that negate the zombie as a zombie is somewhere in between dead and alive?

How can you have a dead zombie?

Reminds me of one of the few funny scenes in, “Scary Movie 3,” where Kevin Hart and Anthony Anderson argue about whether it is possible to, “Turn up missing,” and conclude it is something that is possible only if you are a zombie.

i assume he will get another name, haven’t seen his human name yet. but given the fact he is main focus of this arc and on cover of next tpb i wouldn’t be shocked if he gets a mini series next march-april with all of his back story

2 Likes

Zombies aren’t medically dead per se. They’re re-animated organic beings managed by a host of some type. The person or host of the body with a conscious prior to becoming a zombie is no longer.

But one could also argue that the ghost in “ghost rider” is kind of like the symbiote that needs a host itself, they’re working together. So the host is alive while the ghost/spirit died long ago, hence now they are a ghost.

So in the case of Zombie Ghost Rider
 I would assume the host was alive (the conscious that makes a person a person) but re-animated by the now zombie along with a ghost attaching itself to the now zombie.

And some zombies are smarter than others, depending on the writer/creator, maybe even some who retain memories of their non-zombified self. :wink:

Wouldn’t a vampire, by definition, be a zombie? I mean they are reanimated corpses. :man_vampire: :man_zombie:

funny enough the synopsis for issue 8 doesnt call him a zombie but calls him undead, they also now say hes a ww2 vet, although that may be a misprint cause at sdcc they said he died 100 years ago so 1923

Maybe
 but a vampire doesn’t destroy the conscious of the host. It just alters them to have the powers of a vampire and while they can’t die, they re-animate cause they can’t die except by certain methods.

From definition:

" A zombie is a mythological undead corporeal revenant created through the reanimation of a corpse."

So the host dies, then they are re-animated to become alive again. To become a vampire, one gets bit, then turns into a vampire themselves. But yes, vampires could be zombies but the host retains their conscious and memories unlike zombies (well, in most cases) but they didn’t die to get re-animated.

Definition of vampire:

the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep

But that doesn’t seem to be the case now in most depictions of the story telling.

So hmm
 vampires are just glorified smarter zombies? Hehe
 this is just getting silly thinking about it now.

Maybe he died 100 years ago, but his re-animated corpse fought in WW2.