Dirty D's F.O.C

Not just pushed, they added 3 more incentives and one of them is a 500 copy signed. That one alone should jump the print run up quit a bit.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin II–Re-Evolution #1 New Incentive Program

Get ready to be shell-shocked, because we have three new FREE incentives to celebrate the next chapter of the bestselling, fan-favorite TMNT event that rocked comics to the core!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin II—Re-Evolution #1 kicks off the 40th anniverary of TMNT in a big way with the following incentives. We know these new incentives are going to be a huge hit with TMNT fans. To give you time to drive pre-orders of the incentives at your store, we are adjusting the FOC date to 1/15 and the on-sale date to 3/6.

• Stores that order a minimum of 500 copies of the Last Ronin II #1 order-all covers will qualify to receive a free one-per-store variant of cover B signed by Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz!
    • Order minimum: 500 units across order all covers
    • Quantity Limit: One (1) copy per store location
    • Delivery: Will arrive after the on-sale date for Last Ronin II #1, shipping directly from the publisher
    • One-per-store variant will ship at no cost to retailers
    • Variant will be bagged and boarded
    • Note: This incentive will not be visible on ordering platforms, qualified retailers will have the incentive added to their order.
  • Stores that order a minimum of 200 copies of the Last Ronin II #1 order-all covers will qualify to receive a one-per-store video call out for their store from a member of the creative team.
    • Order minimum: 200 units across all covers
    • Quantity Limit: One (1) video per store location
    • Details: Video recording from one member of the Last Ronin II creative team giving a shout out to your store to be run on your social media channels and/or played in store
    • Note: This incentive will not be visible on the ordering platforms, qualified retailers will have the incentive added to their order.
  • Stores that order a minimum of 100 copies of the Last Ronin II #1 order-all covers will qualify for a free art print.
    • Order minimum: 100 units across all covers
    • Quantity Limit: 1 art print for every 100 units ordered across all covers
    • Art print will ship at no cost to retailers
    • Note: This incentive will show with a comic format (CB) on BIZ, but will be an art print.

Note: Please check the confirmation status of both your January 8th and January 15th FOC carts to ensure that your order quantities are confirmed!

FYI, this “magazine” is prestige-sized. :smile:

According to the Penguin rep on the phone just now the trim size is going to be 7 1/10 by 10 7/8’s.
Basically it means like with the 1st series, you’ll have to take magazine size backing boards and trim them down to silver age size width and pair them with silver or golden bags that the flap doesn’t go around the top as much as you’d like. That also makes then not fit shelves sized for standard height comics, sticking up in long boxes of regular comics, etc…

I just put mine in magazine size bags and boards.

1 Like

There were specialty bags/boards I bought off Ebay, allows them to fit in a normal short box with other comics.

That sounds so involved.

1 Like

Yeah. I had magazine bags and boards already so I just went with it.

That still doesn’t make them shorter. It’s the extra height that’s a pain in the butt. If you cut the magazine size boards down, they have no trouble fitting in the box, they just stick up taller than the others so you have to be extra careful not to bend the tops tossing stuff on top the boxes later. Now if you’re buying specialty bags and boards for every single comic in the box then that sounds a bit like overkill. Using magazine size uncut boards with magazine bags leaves them a lot of room to slide left and right in inside the bags. If they’d just shorten the comics a bit so they’d match up with everything else like they did with the second series it would make life easier. I use a big swing arm cutter so making clean smooth cuts on anything from a sheet of paper to thick cardboard is simple and easy. All copies leave boarded and bagged so it’s already done for the customers who get them. I expect I’ll intentionally not be internet listing them like I did with the 1st series just to avoid trying to ship them due to the height.

Stores that order a minimum of 200 copies of the Last Ronin II #1 order-all covers will qualify to receive a one-per-store video call out for their store from a member of the creative team.

Wow. :roll_eyes:

Oh man, that’s gonna make me rush out to that store to buy that book… NOT!!!

That’s a marketing e-mail sent to stores. The video is for the stores to help sell copies but it’s not something I would be interested in even if qualifying. The only one of the 3 tempting is the signed copy since I have a turtle fan who loved all the signed stuff for the 3 new Spawn series and wanted packages for all 3 so he could get a copy.

Well aware of the purpose of the video, which I think most shops won’t care (I hope they don’t order 200 just for the video and buy 200+ cause they got that many pre-orders). Buy the amount of copies you know you can sell, don’t buy 200 just to get a video in hopes you’re going to sell that many… this is once again, publishers trying to entice shop owners to act like consumers rather than allowing them to know their customers. Don’t be like Frankie’s, buying up shit, going into debt and find yourself bankrupt with everyone hating you cause you acted like a consumer rather than a business owner. :wink:

The 500’s the dangerous one. $8.99 comic, 52% discount times 500 copies = $2160 buy in plus boards and bags for the copies leaving, plus the cost of any ratio’s added to the bundle, plus whatever the processing rate is since you know someone’s most likely not showing up with cash to pay for the bundle. The other two incentives are just extra perks they toss in, 5 prints and a sales aid.

Thats why small retailers shouldnt play the spec game. They cant move 500 copies and make a good, or even a profit. Leave high ratios to the big boys: MCS, Midtown, DCBS, etc. where they will price these ratios for customers, at ratio price and offer 30%+ discounts on the non-ratios.

Wonder if any stores will offer exclusive variants to get in on the 1:500…?

There’s the 500, two 100’s, 75, 50 and 25 for ratio’s plus the 5 prints and 5 open order covers. In this case it’s an $8.99 cover it’s based on which is more than twice the normal cover price of $3.99 and there’s already copies listing out on E-Bay at double ratio or more. Using a simple formula 1-500 =$1000,10-100 = $2000, 6-75’s =$900, 10-50’s =$1000, 20-25’s= $1000, 500 assorted open orders at $8.99= $4,495
A quick check puts the high end value at
$1,000 + $2,000 + $900 + $1000 + $1000 + $4495 = $10,395 value plus the 5 prints. The question then becomes what does the customer want in the bundle so that it adds up to what they feel is a value guaranteeing them everything they want including the signed copy? Even cutting it half is still over $5,000 in potential value so there’s room to build a nice bundle and still have profit potential leftover. The trick though is not to mess with it unless you have someone who wants that 1 book and the bundle it would take to make it no risk. Everything else is just figuring out what should be added to the bundle to make it worthwhile.

Also keep in mind it’s a one per store so limiting it to only a dozen mega size sellers means only a dozen people could get a copy. I suspect quite a few stores have someone that will want a copy. The trick is making sure you cover the cost of getting it in the door.

1.) you’re assuming you can sell at those prices

2.) competition

Looking at high priced Ebay preorders and basing future sales off that will hurt you…

And note, the signed 1:500 will get a green label from CGC…if youre assuming thats the draw on why people will buy it

I’m not assuming anything. I added cutting those prices in half to the post above which puts it at half of what E-Bay is asking right now and in line with what you said the few mega guys would ask for their 10 or so copies between them. At ratio and offering the regulars at half there’s still over $5000 in potential there. If you have a regular customer that spends a lot with you build what they want to keep them happy, even if it means cutting the numbers again even lower. Never jump unless you have the basics costs covered. I expect a lot of people will on this one with the 500 signed one per store getting added which means a lot of extra comics out there driving down the spec potential for everyone.

They did something similar to that with the Spawn 500 qty signature books. A certificate so they could be sent in with 30 days or something like that. Same guy bought bundles all 3 times to make sure he got his copy. I don’t remember those being one per store’s though but it has been a while ago now. I never assume. I doubt I’d order it for any customer other than that one.

Does the 1:500 come with a certificate for grading ? I remember the Spawn/Batman ratio book did.

That’s all I know for sure so far. If the guy asks for it I’ll start bugging PRH for more detail. Diamond added it to their Diamond Daily today as well but it’s pretty much copy paste from the PRH e-mail.

I’m not a CGC expert but if they use a special cover for this that’s only sent out directly from IDW and signed wouldn’t that pretty much mean every copy has to be legit and recognized by people whether cgc does or not? This is IDW though so I don’t know if it’ll be a special cover or not yet. If they’re just signing A Covers it would be rather dumb and anyone could be subject to faking.

I’m looking now and the 3 Spawn one’s were 250’s. I’m looking at Gunslinger Spawns cgc’d over $1000 asking price right now but that was based on a $5.99 comic. I imagine the $8.99 cover on these and having to buy twice as many as the Spawns may drive the total down some from 1191 copies of GS1. That also may mean long term higher prices than the Spawn 250 signature ones.

Quick math, if only 500 stores order a copy buying 500 A thru E covers that puts 250,000 open order covers out on the street. Cut in half again and it’s still 125,000 comics hitting the street to satisfy 250 stores.