Disney Investor Day (12/10/20)

“We’ve also decided that relying on existing IP and buying work from others is not fair to the small guys. We’re going to start only creating new things again, and let successful IPs remain in control of their original owners.”

1 Like

Ok, now you’re just being ridiculous.

I’d tack on interest, Poyo.

Something interesting to point out is how the investor day timing starts at 4:30 pm which is 30 minutes after the stock market closes for the day. Not to get political, but a certain president would also do this exact thing when he had bad news that he knew would drop the market some. Now I don’t think Disney’s will be negative, perhaps though with the parks, but it’s interesting to note.

Saves them the headaches of the SEC nitpicking who was buying and selling Disney stock… so there’s no funny business. :wink:

It probably aligns with the audience. A time slot at the end of the work day for most will allow more people to attend.

Robinhood gives access after hours til 6pm trading. But investor day is 4 hours. Maybe the real market moving news comes after 6pm?

But the smart money has access 24/7 trading if they need to make moves.

Also people have AirBNB IPO to gamble on today.

Yeah but robinhoods afterhour trading is not the real market. And true big money does trade 24/7. I was just making an observation of the timing.

They’re also doing this on a Thursday, which means people can still buy tomorrow.

1 Like

Was just going to say the same thing. There’s still one more day of trading this week!

See my earlier comment. Pretty sure the time is setup so more people can attend it as they don’t want to do it in the middle of ones work day.

Ok ok I learned my lesson to never comment on any thread ever again.

Haha… no, keep commenting and making observations. NEED MORE COMMENTS! :wink:

1 Like

The streaming window popped up but then “Into the Unknown” by Panic! at the Disco came on, so I’m out.

I listen to that song every damn morning driving my daughter to daycare.

2 Likes

2:30 - 5 Pacific is when they will present updated and new creative content.

Might be some stuff hinted at earlier but I won’t watch until then just because 4 hours is too long.

So many buzz words, Kareem. So many buzz words.

15 new Star Wars Series over the next few years, 10 Marvel series

2 Likes

Disney+ Star will have adult content. Like movies and shows from FX and 20th Century Fox

1 Like

aka deadpool 3

1 Like

Peyton’s Places: Nights

1 Like

I hope at least the Disney owned stuff has trailers since they have no excuse for not having rights…