Ditko's Spidey Collection going to CGC

Found this on the CBCS forum. Nothing about auctions just grading.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what the books grade at and what they will fetch for.

6 Likes

I imagine the provenance will add a bit of value as well.

I bet these get HIGH priority…

1 Like

I hear they are slapping acetate covers on them and calling them Whatnot excloosives as well.

I kid of course. Those are going to very sought after examples of the books.

5 Likes

Wow. Definitely one of a kinds.

Watch out if that AF15 grades in the 9’s.

I can’t imagine what AF1 and ASM1 will go for, regardless of grade. The Ditko estate is going to get paaaaaid.

2 Likes

Ditkos ASM1 & AF15 will be the holy grails of each book, regardless of grade, imo.

4 Likes

agreed. there will always be collectors to whom grade matters more than anything. but for the rest of us these copies’ provenance makes them more desirable than anything else i can think of, aside from the issues’ original art.

2 Likes

Do they already get paaaaid in royalties? My opinion on each one of these books can be summed up as follows:

2 Likes

Why would they get royalties to characters he never owned?

Rob Liefeld mentioned something about getting royalty statements when he first started working on New Mutants. I think they get paid for their art + comission on sales. Thats how Rob knew that his characters were taking off.

1 Like

Most creators at Marvel and DC (and other publishers) get a small cut of royalties from their creations while writing or drawing for publishers. Depends on the contract they signed but it’s never as lucrative as if they created them on their own.

1 Like