DrunkWooky’s High Republic First Appearance and Key Issue Master List

Here it is, the list I’ll be trying to update as soon as possible as new issues release and new info wiggles its way into off-beat series (I’m looking at you Aphra and Rise of Kylo Ren):

I don’t know how much I’ll be updating this 1/2/3 years from now, but I hope this era of Star Wars goes strong and we get a lot more to talk about.

15 Likes

Dude, the work you put into this is incredible.

3 Likes

Thanks. Not worth doing something unless you’re going to do it right.

5 Likes

Good to know. I don’t see the spec draw with a unnamed hologram and a piece of technology…but it’s good history to have for those interested.

Good work!

I don’t think the Nihil Path Engine in Aphra 6 has long term legs. It indicates that something spec/key worthy may be coming down the pike later in that storyline to me, though. Of course, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Thank you. Really useful stuff : )

1 Like

Very nice! Loving the big cover pictures too!

Updated with High Republic Adventures #2 and High Republic #3:

Also updated my master list over here: WookyWiki.com

(WookyWiki hasn’t been officially rolled out yet and I’m still building out all the issues I need in the database).

2 Likes

Just added WookyWiki.com to my home screen and sent it to my wife. So thank you Wooky for the 1st appearance wiki.

This would be first cover Estala Maru? Unknown exclusive.

It’s looking that way! I’ll fact check and add it if it checks out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yep! Looks like it. I updated WookyWiki.com to reflect that cover. Thank you.

I love a big bad villain - if someone who lives the canon can help me out that would be great.

Marchion Ro - is he spec worthy for a long term hold to see if he appears in cartoons, series, movies? is he going to be a long running baddy? or someone who comes and goes?

thanks!

I think Soule has him lined up for all three of his planned novels over the next two years. At the end of Light of the Jedi, they could have easily eradicated him, but they wrote him as a strategic and cunning warlord. He has a deep-seeded hatred for the jedi and a familial grudge. He also has a secret hyperspace navigational method that wasn’t brought to a resolution at the end of Light of the Jedi. His story is wide open right now. He is the first big bad so far.

I also don’t want to give too much away, but he has something the Jedi very much want to recover. It will put the two factions on a collision course.

Awesome thank you! I have started collecting after a 20 year hiatus and I am buying books for my new son and sort of want them to have some long term longevity (if possible). Know that is impossible to gauge - but I love cracking open my old boxes to review all the books that were bought for me as a kid

Nobody cared about Dark Horse Star Wars books until late 2019, early 2020. Point is: things change and change fast when they do.

@drunkwooky any thoughts on Star Wars: The High Republic - Edge of Balance ( APR212108 ) the new High Republic manga series from Viz?

It’s up for pre-order now with the new catalog and previously it was announced as being in-canon. I could see it maybe being a sneaky source of some first appearances given most people are paying attention to the Marvel and IDW series and the Star Wars manga has traditionally been ignored in the west.

I was looking into it last night because news came out that it’s delivery date got pushed to September. I’m all about it!

I’ve been slowly building up entries on Wookywiki.com and in doing so, I’ve been looking at ALL comic media. That includes newspaper comics, online only comics, and yes, Manga. I’m not a Manga fan, but if anything got me to buy a Viz Media product, it would be Star Wars. In a similar vein, I eventually want to pick up the Rebels one, Leia, and the Guardians of the Whills when that comes out.

Do you think Lourna Lee will make a full app in High Republic #10?