eBay Headaches

People are just salty is all. It’s sad but true. Sadly, all these people complaining are welcome to come join the forums as long as they don’t try to get salty or negative on here. It’s an open public forum. We have seen tremendous growth and there is always room for more people.

1 Like

Like I said, I’m pretty sure they (or someone in their group) used to be the type of people who years ago would be able to order every incentive copy that came up, because spec sites weren’t linking to them, we weren’t as well-known in a lot of circles as places like Midtown/MCS, and there were no order limits. An IDW variant would go up for below cover price and someone would grab all 20 copies, or one or two people got almost every incentive variant for certain series.

When we launched our new site last October we started placing limits on incentives and on “hot books” that were past FOC (and now just do it across the board post-FOC) just to make sure more people could get them, because we’d rather have 100 people getting a comic and reading it to help grow the comic fanbase than 1 person getting 100 copies to sit in a box or re-sell on eBay.

Which makes it even more ironic that they complain I make it impossible for people to get our incentives when everything I’ve done has made it MORE possible.

4 Likes

Narrows it down to the gas giants anyway.

1 Like

Hehe… yeah, I was just giving him grief. Clearly TFAW logo is doing it after Saturn… since it’s rings are the most prominent… and most visible from afar…

Speaking of, now is a good time to see Saturn and Jupiter nearly aligned with each other. First time since like the 1200’s

1 Like

Peter Griffin if you look closely has his own rings too… :wink:

1 Like

I need to whip out the telescope… but long ago, the trees in backyard weren’t so tall… now it’s hard to setup in my yard and I just can’t be bothered in driving out somewhere to setup lately.

1 Like

He won’t see Saturn because he is too busy looking at Uranus.

Man Uranus jokes never get old.

1 Like

I’m with you, Tony. I have my dedicated comic room, and I very much enjoy spending time in there with my books, music blaring, puttering around packing shit up, or putting stuff away, or just looking at stuff. To me, it’s fun (for the most part).

1 Like

Do what you like. Like what you do. If it ain’t fun don’t do it. But I am with you. I like to putter around. Bag and board Comics. Sort and organize. It’s relaxing.

1 Like

I like antagonizing you here on the forums… that’s always relaxing… :wink:

Ok. I have situation with eBay that’s probably common, but a first for me. Had an offer, I countered, and the buyer accepted. But this was Weds, and he still hasn’t paid. Does the transaction cancel automatically after X days with no payment? Do I cancel it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Start the no payment process. eBay claims buyers must pay within 3 business days. I would say try to do one more contact with the buyer, let him know if no response or payment within 24 hours (or Monday), you’ll be opening a non-payment with eBay.

2 Likes

You can set your items to automatically begin the process when the required time has passed as well somewhere.

1 Like

Just got my 4th request for a refund because they have not received their item yet the past two weeks. I am glad that I removed almost everything I had listed last Sunday.

Sheesh…They need to chill and wait it out. It has been over three weeks and I still haven’t gotten one of my packages yet…probably won’t see it until after new years. Just how it is right now.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were right to be proactive and pull down listings.

1 Like

Yes. I am in the same boat with items I have purchased. I have been paying attention to what is going on in the world.

Thanks. Yes, I wished they would have just contacted me first. I have been selling on ebay since it began and have thousands of feedback all positive. They are acting like I am some fly by night operation. I did also put on some of my last auctions to beware of the shipping delays up to 10 additional days. They still want there items. I have been checking everyday to add any new information with any updates. Next year I am stopping after the first week of December.

1 Like

Just to keep an update going. Doesn’t improve the situation but it sort of helps to know lack of movement is consistent.
Still zero movement or entries since 12/4 and item was shipped 11/30. The only real tracking entry was accepted on that date. Buyer still cordial thankfully.

2 Likes

Another request for refund because it wasn’t received yet. Yay.

I think I’m just going to stop responding to them at this point and let it sit until the ebay decides date. Last time I replied to apologize and say that things are super busy due to covid and more shipping than ever this month I got back a crazy rambling conspiracy theory filled response.

2 Likes