eBay Headaches

Yeah I was actually quite shocked to see them using their official/business twitter account in this manner.

It speaks volumes actually. How does one not know better in this day and age?

Man, I just couldn’t resist
 here is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black - absolutely comical.

Asheville comics complaining about customer service

Ok, I’m really done talking about this now guys, hahaha. Sorry not sorry.

1 Like

Nope. All good.

Hotshot Comics just doesn’t want to let me live. I was really done talking about them.

I got my package of slabs today. Basically one business day after it shipped, but it’s missing 2 slabs.

The seller marked all 4 slabs on the order as shipped - 2 graded copies of each book that was ordered and both books/items were assigned the same USPS tracking number
 yet I only received 2 copies of one of the books and ZERO copies of the other.

Tired of this man. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I sold a not cheap book the other day, and the buyer’s ebay account is brand new as of that day. Zero feedback. Zero purchases.

Is this destined to go sideways? I messaged the buyer reiterating the timeline of things, as this is for a pre-order. I also asked a few questions about the new account. Might be telling if I get ghosted on those questions.

Thoughts? Do I panic? I’m guessing the best I can do is ride this out and hope for the best?

Reached out to asheville comics on instagram. Whoever I spoke to was calm and polite and as you may have guessed, responded to my questions promptly.

The asheville comics rep acknowledged that only 2 items shipped, and that all four were marked as shipped by eBay (ie - i guess it’s how ebay’s system is designed? You can’t partially ship an order - it’s either all or nothing and so all items on the order were marked as such).

I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt for now, and I appreciate their responsiveness and civility today. I will wait things out now for about 2-3 weeks - as long as I can avoid overthinking things - what’s weird is that the books that I did receive had a release date that is ONE MONTH later than the books that I did not receive. How sway?

I can just imagine being asked by paypal/ebay/chase why I didn’t reach out sooner if my items were missing from a package that was delivered on 1/25 
 hope this doesn’t come back to bite me.

1 Like

So here is the problem. If all books are marked as shipped and received and you have to file an appeal to PayPal you could lose.

4 Likes

Right. This was my concern.

This sucks.

Why would they not have the books that released a month before the ones that they did have though? I can’t think of a logical reason.

Strange academy 9/30 
 Spawn 10/28
 And I got the spawns but not the strange academys.

Keep the email/instagram correspondence where it they said only shipped 2 of them. That’s your proof and you can always dispute it beyond Paypal with your credit card or bank account (if it pulled the funds from there).

2 Likes

Thanks. I have the instagram conversation and I have a message that I sent to them on eBay immediately after detailing everything, along with a screenshot of my order details that shows that all items shipped when in fact, they hadn’t.

Also recorded myself opening up the package and finding only two slabs in it
 Which I admit is kinda silly. Hope I don’t have have to use the recording, lol.

2 Likes

Waiting for the seller to cancel this. Think she accidentally left a zero off the offer she sent haha

Capture

1 Like

Well she offered it to you. I have had tons of women make me offers they later regretted. Lol.

2 Likes

haha she said she felt horrible and ended up buying $30 worth of comics from me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When I moved back from out of country, my brother and law and I had been selling comics and trading cards on ebay for awhile
 We THOUGHT our inventory was correct, and without checking, I listed a bunch of hot boxes of Magic cards. All of them sold within a day
went to ship, and I couldn’t find a single box. Had to eat some crow that day

1 Like

Back when I Kill Giants was hot, I mean $150 hot, I accidentally listed my #1 for $50. Nothing I could do. I honored the sale. I paid $4 for it so not like I lost money. Book sold in exactly 12 seconds

1 Like

I remember when that was popular. I had the whole mini-series and sold it quickly after listing it.

Here is one for you folks. It’s from Mercari and not from eBay. I got a rating today that was less than perfect. The message said that I could improve on the packaging. So, I messaged the buyer asking if there was an issue with the condition of the books since they said the packaging could use improving. Mind you, I place the bagged and boarded comic inside a USPS Tyvek mailer and attach it with tape to the Gemini. Fold the flaps and tape them. Then securely tape the box shut with the label on it.

The buyer responded that they didn’t like that I used tape on the inside. I usually make little flaps so it’s easy to pull the tape off but still secure to the package. Or, you can easily slide a knife or scissors to cut the tape without fear of damaging the book. They said next time use painters tape.

Mind you it was still rated 4 out of 5 stars. But leaving a less than perfect feedback for a book that arrived undamaged and complain about the tape used to secure the book for safe transportation across the country seems a little petty.

As you can see from my message I was very polite in my questions and response.

Yeah man
 painters tape. I would have given you 3 out of 5 for securing it with non painters tape
 I don’t tolerate such shenanigans
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Forget painters tape
 I just use Crazy Glue. Lots of Crazy Glue then wrapped with Gorilla Tape. Nothing is moving around after that!

2 Likes

Ok here we go

1 Like