eBay Headaches

They actually apologized and it shipped today. They said they’d been busy. As long as the bundle contains everything I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

Something tells me this behavir discouraged by eBay…like the person is trying to set a reserve price without paying the reserve price fee. Or is just trying to use eBay to “advertise” the book for a sale outside of eBay….

Nevertheless, I bid on it because I can.

Digging deeper into the seller…has a lot of key graded books for sale, and no recorded recent sales…

And check the business description …Avon? UK?

eBay looking the other way on this one?

Its a scam

2 Likes

Do not bid on this. It’s a scam. They ask you to purchase the product off ebay, it’s a well known scam. Stay far away.

3 Likes

I reported it regardless. Clearly not legit.

6 Likes

That person constantly hijacks others accounts and it’s been going on for at least a year. I report them when I see them. This time around I only noticed a few but it’s usually dozens of copies of each Silver Age key.

2 Likes

I guess I should move this into the sellers to avoid thread.

2 Likes

So annoyed, cannot find where the eBay monthly reports are that show all the metrics, fees, taxes collected, shipping and such. eBay has made it impossible to finish my taxes.

1 Like

It’s weird, I remember the page that had all of it and now I find it with the shipping not included, they have it as a separate line item. Kinda annoying. if you find the right page for it keep us updated!

I have run two different reports, one in which is under the report tab (monthly financial statements) and then also ran tax invoices.

Let me know where you guys fall on this one. This is the first bad experience I’ve had on eBay, I’ve been quite lucky. I haven’t left any feedback yet as I wanted to poll you guys. The seller did technically make things right in the end, but the getting there was so arduous that I still think it warrants a negative. This is going to be kind of long as I want to provide all the information. Let me know what you think.

I bought a copy of the Dynamic Forces “Deathchrome” variant of Undertaker #1 on March 9th. Seller had a 4 day shipping estimate which would have taken us to the 15th. I message at the end of the 15th asking when it will ship and receive no response. I message again on the 17th and receive a response that it was shipped 3 days prior, but was never marked as shipped.

The comic arrives on March 27th. It was shipped in a bag with no board. The bag was in a Gemini mailer but isn’t secured in any way, so it can move around freely inside and arrives with a colour breaking spine crease that it didn’t have in the listing pictures. The COA is also not there.

I message that day stating the damage and missing COA. Seller says he will look into the missing COA and get back to me the next day.
I hear nothing and message at the end of the following day. He says he doesn’t know what happened and will refund me the next day.

3 days go by with no refund. I message asking about it and he says he found the COA, that’s why he didn’t refund me and asks if I would rather the refund or the COA. I say the COA (this is a personal collection hold and I really wanted to have the whole thing).

Another 2 days go by, I ask when the COA will be sent, he says that day.

The COA arrives on April 19th, 42 days after the initial purchase. It was mailed in a very old bag and board wrapped in paper and, miraculously, had no damage to it. To top it off, the purchase still isn’t marked as shipped (I don’t know why that bugs me so much).

I sent a message detailing why this was a terrible purchase. I said I didn’t want a refund or any further correspondence and to get his act together.

As a final thing, every one of our interactions was prompted by me. He never reached out once I told him what happened with the initial shipment. I had to prod for information at every turn.

So, I did end up with what I purchased, but getting the whole thing was a massive pain in the ass and sh*tty packing lead to a small defect (not a huge deal, it’s not for resale).
Does this warrant a negative?

Obviously you had to pull teeth, and this person made no effort to earn any praise or avoid a negative response.

You may also want to note who the seller is so others here can avoid this person and likely headaches.

Did this person have any negatives prior?

Should have led with that.
Username: olivier3189
And he has 6 negatives in the last year that I can see, all concerning his shipping and communication issues.
He also has 3 neutral and 1554 positive.
Maybe I’m giving too much credit, but this could have just been a fluke. Still shitty tho

If things hadn’t EVENTUALLY been made right I would say leave a negative for sure. They did finally correct things although it was a nightmare to get it done, so maybe a neutral? Perhaps I’m being too nice, however.

I would say it deserves a negative feedback, Reason being you had to put in a ton of work to get what you paid for. Time is money. The book came damaged with no COA. You had to reach out to get the book shipped, reach out to get a promise on the com, and reach back to get the COA shipped. Sounds like a negative experience to me.

5 Likes

I agree that sucks. I would go with a neutral or negative feedback, depending on how good of a deal you got. Great deal = neutral since even though it was a pain, he did eventually respond and sent everything, no deal/overpaid = negative for the hassle.

2 Likes

I’d of left a negative long before this seller finally made things right. I’d also detail the lack of shipping skills, communication and good customer service so other buyers are aware and can avoid them.

4 Likes

Sometimes I feel like I should start a thread in the do’s and dont’s of selling (specifically comics) on eBay.

Like, don’t have other distracting sh!t in the background of your pictures…like your dirty laundry or, in the case below, a randomly placed record.

Nothing shouts “look how lazy I can be” than this…

And if you’re selling a collectible…showing that you have at least done the slightest bit of research in what you’re selling to know the difference between “high grade” and “low grade.”

This one isn’t even close.

Sweet. Lol…

3 Likes

I messaged a seller because you could see him in his underwear in the pics of the comics. He was very happy to remove them from his listing.

3 Likes