eBay Headaches

Ha! Duh!

1 Like

Thatā€™s when I borrow a friend or relatives printer. Inks ridiculous though.

I was busy with work this week so I didnā€™t spend much time thinking about this. I had a bit of an epiphany last night though and I think I might have it figured out.

At one point, before it sold, I switched the shipping method for this listing from USPS to FedEx Ground. I did this to get the shipping cost down a few bucks. Iā€™m now thinking that this is why the buyer canā€™t finish the transaction. I see that FedEx Ground no longer delivers to Puerto Rico.

Iā€™ve tried, to no avail, to switch it back to USPS but I canā€™t figure out how. It seems as though the fact itā€™s in a sold status, the listing canā€™t be revised. At least I canā€™t figure out how.

Does anybody know if a listing in limbo like this can be altered? I seem to remember a few years ago, I bought some books off of somebody and they somehow edited the listing after I bought them to not include one of the books. I got a message saying the listing was edited but it was after I paid.

If the dude pays, you can select between USPS and FedEx on the label creation page ā€¦ itā€™s a manual selection, no sale editing required ā€¦ of course, he needs to pay, first

Iā€™m pretty sure FedEx ships to Puerto Rico ā€¦

1 Like

I think thats whats holding up paying the calculated shipping, its in some type of void where he cant select USPS fore him to pay the calculated shipping.

Iā€™d say at this point contact eBay for them to fix and add USPS as option to send new invoice.

1 Like

I thought he sent the guy a bill ā€¦ ?? All the buyer has to do is pay ā€¦ you can ship however you like as long as a valid tracking number is entered ā€¦ hell, Iā€™ve shipped eBay stuff by UPS ā€¦ and they are not an eBay shipping option as far as buying a label ā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, but I think itā€™s sort of in limbo cause it doesnā€™t know how to calculate the shipping, so they guy canā€™t checkout cause FedEx doesnā€™t ship to PR and now the seller canā€™t update it with USPS.

@TheCrackpot, can you give him a total, have him paypal you directly or invoice via Paypal and then mark it as paid in eBay once paid? Maybe thatā€™s the work around.

1 Like

Crackpot sent the guy a bill ā€¦ all he has to do is pay it ā€¦ the item can be shipped any way the seller wants to ship it ā€¦ as long as a valid tracking number is entered ā€¦

1 Like

Hey Guys

Thanks for the tips. I read something on the FedEx website about not delivering FedEx Ground to Puerto Rico anymore. Only FedEx Express International, or something like that, which isnā€™t an option on eBay that I know of.

I messaged him this morning asking if he can change the shipping service when he tries to check out but he hasnā€™t responded. Maybe heā€™s sick of dealing with this too. Part of me hopes heā€™ll just ask me to cancel the sale, even though I want to get rid of this thing.

Iā€™ve never sent an invoice to a buyer but Iā€™m willing to try it. Matter of fact, Iā€™ll try it right.

Thanks again, Guys.

Yeah, see if it lets you send an invoice and just charge what USPS would cost if it only shows Fedex as an option. Then just ship as USPS once paid.

I sent him a message asking if heā€™d like to try the direct PayPal invoice method or just cancel the sale. He hasnā€™t responded to my last several messages and eBay keeps suggesting that I cancel the sale and relist. If I donā€™t hear back from him by Sunday evening, thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do.

You can always tell him you can cancel to relist and have him buy then, adding USPS as option and then it should automatically calculate and let him checkout as well. Good luck!

Annoying when I get requests by buyers that they should know where to find the answers.

The other day someone told me they havenā€™t received the Item yet (was clearly in transit if they looked at the trackingā€¦moving slow but still moving). And was insinuating I should do something about it. Itā€™s not like I can push the trucks and make them go fasterā€¦

Dude I got the same thing. But the book was in the same spot for 2 weeks and the person that bought it wanted me to do something about it. I pretended to do something about it. He got it the next day. I guess the tracking info was not up to date. It did take longer then usual though.

I hope you got Uber positive feedback for that!

Makinā€™ it happenā€™, Capā€™n!

1 Like

Havenā€™t even checked lol.

So just a pain in the butt with eBay changing items I have for sale to go from not accepting offers to accepting them. So now I have to go in and switch them back to how I initially set them up and wanted them to remain.

Mine were doing that as well. An email to support explaining that it was happening put a stop to that. Told them I got tired of them telling me how to sell my stuff. They claimed it should not put offers on if I turned them off. I said, well, I didnā€™t do it so you guys had to. Sounds like a bug to me. Never heard back but it has since to auto update to accept offers on my listings now.

1 Like

I received an email from them telling me they changed them. I talked to a rep and he said itā€™s eBays policy to do so if items meet certain criteria.

Normally I accept best offers but this was for a bunch of hardcovers I got from Ollies. I was making about $5 a book after all the expenses and had priced them lower than anyone elseā€™s.

Hereā€™s a copy of the chat. I cropped out where I verified my full name. Yes, Iā€™m an @sshole when angered.

2 Likes