Echo spinoff for Disney+

they left those part out

1 Like

They already ruined the character so I won’t be watching it.

1 Like

So what’s the verdict anyone?
Worthy of spending the $$$ to reactivate my Disney + at some point or should I “Hold” like the Spartans?

2 Likes

Wait until next years football season forces you to activate Hulu plus live for a month to catch whatever game is being held hostage then with the last week to go, upgrade that to Disney plus and they’ll prorate the cost for the last week down to like 50 cent, then you can binge watch everything for a week before cancelling. Then the next game being held hostage by Prime, buy a 12 pack of Hamburger Helper, switch out the $6.99 shipping for the $1.99 1 week trial of Prime saving $5 and then you can catch the game and the last 4 episodes of Invincible they can’t seem to get out the door and anything else that comes up Boys related by then.

3 Likes

I watched the first episode, I liked it.

Not great but not awful. Kind of average, for me anyway.

2 episodes in and I’m intrigued. I liked the fight with the devil guy. :wink:

Some parts of the show are fantastic. Yet some parts are just dumb. But still pretty good

I like the Theme music!!!

So much stuff out there can’t even hold my attention through 10 minutes. This one has be captive and wanting more.

I do like the idea of Spotlight series…a few episodes and done. Given the short story and limited budget I’m sure they are given I’m willing to overlook little flaws or minor details as long as the story and acting is good.

The fight scenes have been great, IMO.

One thing that has bothered me is how she says she trying to keep this low profile, but seems to just walk right right in to places and “talk” to people not concerned about who she might run into or recognize her and spread the word she’s in town…she’s doing a terrible job at that! After 2 episodes everyone knows!

1 Like

watching episode 1.

28 minutes in, all of her backstory…unnecessary. Just wasteful filler. The episode should have started right off where HAWKEYE ended.

Though the Choctaw people’s story kinda looked like the story for the season 2 episode of WHAT IF with Kahhori

1 Like

For those who watched Hawkeye, maybe. IBut these are “Spotlight” series that are essentially stand alone. So they basically have to provide something to kick it off.

I thought it was interesting to see how/wherr certain parts of Hawkeye fit into the story. And it was brief enough that the necessary parts of that series providing the essential back story were touched upon. Basically, they did it in a way that you don’t have to have see any part of Hawkeye to be caught up and now enjoy the series.

My take, anyway. I enjoyed seeing those scenes again as well. They were good scenes.

Disney should have NEVER labeled this as SPOTLIGHT. It’s not a standalone. It ties into the MCU. It sets up other stories…

Yes, they all tie together…but I think by “Spotlight” they mean 1-and-done season focusing on that specific character.

Don’t worry, whatever series/movie this sets up they’ll just have a 28 minute recapping of the Echo series. :grin:

1 Like

Don’t skip the last episode end credits… :grin:

After watching the 5 episodes, I cant help but feel disappointed. Removing the 3 other episodes did not help. The show was all over the place. Hell, each episode had like 5 writers…wtf. Terrible editing. Shit happens that makes no sense. Nothing is fleshed out. Big chunks of the story are missing. Maya gets powers out of nowhere…??

@D-Rog end credits proved this show is tied into the MCU. not a standalone :smirk:
:point_down:

1 Like

Never said it was outside the MCU. Just said it can stand in its own. You don’t need to watch Hawkeye to enjoy it. And I doubt you’ll need to watch echo to enjoy/follow along with Daredevil or whatever else lies ahead. We may ever even see Echo again. That’s what I mean by it stands alone.

They’ll take 5 minutes of footage from whatever series they need to and get people up to speed.

Can’t speak to much for the other things you mentioned. I think they had a budget of $40 million for the 5 episodes. A mere drop in the bucket compared to many of the other series. Didn’t bother me as much as it did you, I suppose.

I went in expecting another secret invasion, or worse. But I came out understanding each characters motives (albeit very basic) and could genuinely sympathize with what they’re were trying to accomplish. It was a very simple story, for sure.

What I did get out of it is that I need to watch this Netflix Daredevil series.

1 Like

You definitely have to watch the Daredevil show !

2 Likes

are the sign langue contacts a real thing ?

8 episodes in so far. Holy She-it!

Because of the violence I’ve been watching it late at night on the Disney+ app…I have to force myself to shut it off and get some sleep.

1 Like